Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
5,297 Posts
Hello & Welcome...love the colour...your have to post a few more pics (y) ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome mate, looks nice that. Nice colour. Staying stock or modding it?
Hi Mita,

Car does have mods, my aim is "oem+". It has

AP racing 6 pot front kit
Bilstein PSS9 suspension with RalliArt top mounts
Norris rod job/head gasket etc
Tomei poncams and verniers
ID1050X's
Link G4X with wideband on SD
ITG induction
Track formula COP kit
TT S209
TT elbow
Full Russ Fellows exhaust with 200 cell sports cat
Hard pipe kit
Currently running 420bhp and 380lbft.
Laile underpanel
Vanner seat rail

I'm planning on changing to a newer MHI turbo at some point and would like to add the AP 4 pot kit to the rear but the car is pretty much complete then (they all say lol)

·
Premium Member
10,788 Posts
Hi Mita,

Car does have mods, my aim is "oem+". It has

AP racing 6 pot front kit
Bilstein PSS9 suspension with RalliArt top mounts
Norris rod job/head gasket etc
Tomei poncams and verniers
ID1050X's
Link G4X with wideband on SD
ITG induction
Track formula COP kit
TT S209
TT elbow
Full Russ Fellows exhaust with 200 cell sports cat
Hard pipe kit
Currently running 420bhp and 380lbft.
Laile underpanel
Vanner seat rail

I'm planning on changing to a newer MHI turbo at some point and would like to add the AP 4 pot kit to the rear but the car is pretty much complete then (they all say lol)
I was going OEM + too 😂 maybe I’m ++ ?
Looks great mate, very nice tasteful mods , and will keep up with today’s (and beyond) cars . Love the colour.

how is the undertray? Was considering one myself

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was going OEM + too 😂 maybe I’m ++ ?
Looks great mate, very nice tasteful mods , and will keep up with today’s (and beyond) cars . Love the colour.

how is the undertray? Was considering one myself
Thanks Mita,

I've tried to research as much as possible the best mods for the direction I'm going in.
I will have a look at your build thread to see where your at now with "oem+" lol.

I'd highly recommend the Laile, fits beautifully and starts at the very front of the bumper and goes all the way back to be under the steering rack iirc, we did have to modify it a little to fit the Zero fighter lip spoiler as the Laile actually sits inside the lower lip. I have an interest in aerodynamics so will carry out some underbody work to reduce lift and drag.
Also has kept the engine bay cleaner! We did have to space the Laile a little bit to clear the aftermarket 3" downpipe but nothing more than a washer or two.

·
Premium Member
10,788 Posts
Thanks Mita,

I've tried to research as much as possible the best mods for the direction I'm going in.
I will have a look at your build thread to see where your at now with "oem+" lol.

I'd highly recommend the Laile, fits beautifully and starts at the very front of the bumper and goes all the way back to be under the steering rack iirc, we did have to modify it a little to fit the Zero fighter lip spoiler as the Laile actually sits inside the lower lip. I have an interest in aerodynamics so will carry out some underbody work to reduce lift and drag.
Also has kept the engine bay cleaner! We did have to space the Laile a little bit to clear the aftermarket 3" downpipe but nothing more than a washer or two.
Thanks mate, I was going to ask if it clears a 3 inch d pipe . Looking at the pics it has a cut out for the oil filter ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks mate, I was going to ask if it clears a 3 inch d pipe . Looking at the pics it has a cut out for the oil filter ?
It doesn't unfortunately, the access panel is to get to the north/south bar for jacking up, the panel has to be removed for oil changes which is a bit of a pain, but it is only four bolts that hold it on

·
Premium Member
Ruri Blue Evolution IX FQ340
691 Posts
Looks really well mate.
Has your tuner recommended the MHI turbo or is it just the one you fancy ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’ve been thinking about going down the MHI route but not a great deal of info on them on here really. Which tuner you going with ?
Hi Humps,
Norris Designs is my tuner, he said the MHI would suit my needs well for what I'm looking for in terms of driveability and power (upto 500bhp)

·
Premium Member
Ruri Blue Evolution IX FQ340
691 Posts
Hi Humps,
Norris Designs is my tuner, he said the MHI would suit my needs well for what I'm looking for in terms of driveability and power (upto 500bhp)
Yeah that’s what I’m after, was either thinking the MHI or HPB IX.

·
... now with more Bang :)
17,812 Posts
Hello 👋

Reactions: OllieEvo6
1 - 20 of 27 Posts