Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short intro - I have been Scooby nut for the past 15 years during which time I've owned 5 Impreza's including 2 P1's and most recently, an STi8 PPP. All have been tweaked to one degree or another with the best of the bunch being a P1 WR. Back in Jan 2002 I also owned a light weight Evo 6 RS. I've always thought both marques were fabulous but always seemed to lean towards the Impreza.

Anyway, after much head scratching, I am in the market for another change and have decided to move across to the Evo camp by taking delivery of a new Evo 8 MR FQ340 (Gun Metal) early June. Thought about a used Evo 6 or waiting for the 9 but the decision has been made! Until the car arrives, I have to run about in 1.3 KA - well it will do 45 mpg !!!

I have got to know a lot of great guys (and gals) via the SIDC at various club meets etc and hope to do the same through the MLR asap.

Good to be part of the Club - role on June.

PS I trust I get the lastest copy of the club mag (MR FQ340 report!) in the post as a new member?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Martin Scott said:
Until the car arrives, I have to run about in 1.3 KA - well it will do 45 mpg !!!
:crackup:

The Evo will be a "nice" surprise when it arrives then!

Welcome :wave:

just remember ... give as good as you get from the give-go and you'll be fine, it's all good ;)

just watch out for people with guns in their avatars or porsche owners :eek:

... and lee5 .. :rolleyes: :crackup:

who's June ... and why's she rolling :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
"the hood",can i ask why u changed as iam looking at a scooby OR an evo and dont know which to go for,as i have been ito ford cossies for the past 15 years,
can you tell mne any bad/expensive points about the sti imports ??or evo 4 ??

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All the Impreza's were UK spec models - the Evo 6 RS I had was a light weight import with 330+ bhp but had little feel in the corners (especially when compared to the P1 it replaced) so it had to go.

Suggest you speak to the guys here on Evo 4's (I'm still a newbie) and try visiting www.sidc.co.uk for an "unbiased" opinion on imported scoobies.

I don't know what the running costs amount too for a cossie, but generally, scoobies are cheaper to own that evos (most notably in fuel and servicing costs).

Why have I gone for an MR FQ340? Well, I was simply looking for a change and the only alternative was an Evo - I just hope it lives up to its reputation!

Depending upon your budget, forget the imported Sti's. Find yourself a P1 or P1 WR. I had two (split by the Evo6) and no matter what after market mods you do, most will tell you that the best Impreza was, and still is the standard P1. Much better than an Sti8 PPP and even the 22B.

Whatever you decide, have fun. "Her in doors" is now demanding my attention so must go!

Evo's and Scoobies - it's good to be alive

:coolsm:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for that - hope to meet up with some of the MLR mob at forthcoming events etc.

:coolsm:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts