Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, im very new to the road / supersport bike.

I have had my far share of YZ125/250 and road legal 50cc and 125cc

However my test is fast approuching and i have been looking at a 08/09 Spec Yamaha R1. There are a few nice colours i like however i think budget is going to edge me over to he white and red colour option.

Can i have your opinions on the new spec R6 and R6's in general.

CMC in cannock and Yamaha in Tamworth are offering a few good deals at the moment on the YZF R6

Thanks

Aaron

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Aaron get yourself a K7 GSX R 750 , will have mine very shortly so you can have a look at it by all means :smthumbup

I can't wait :naughty:

·
Banned
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already put deposit down.

Think my mates looking at the K6 / 7 750cc mate.

But im a R man myself until i can get a GSX-R 1000

·
Banned
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Put Deposit down already just seeing which colours i prefer as i have until the end of the week to get an exact.

Just spent over £1100.00 in last 7 hours :(

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
dont think im convinced on it mate...

hate those stupid short stubby little cans....a motorbike should have a huge big on on the side :naughty:

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
how much is it mate? cos smc in sheffield were cheaper than cmc when i looked

·
Banned
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how much is it mate? cos smc in sheffield were cheaper than cmc when i looked
£6800.00 I believe, however only paid a deposit so may be a few £££ out.

Includes 12months Tax , Usual 3 Year MOT , First Service Free.

Tbh mate, i think i would swap the exhaust however for a first bike ( super sport ) doubt it'll be any time soon

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
think smc are doing em at 6400 but dont quote me. May be worth asking the question and gtting some free bits

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
when i enquired on a big can for a gixxer 6.....they told me you cant get a big can :(

so you are stuck with your stubby one :lol: :mhihi:

·
Banned
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awesome mate, Will see what they can do for me, as think my mates getting a 750 GSXR from there too

·
Banned
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
when i enquired on a big can for a gixxer 6.....they told me you cant get a big can :(

so you are stuck with your stubby one :lol: :mhihi:
Already been looking and saw some from the states but like i said, getting the bike to how i want with few little extras and misc first

·
Registered
31 Posts
test ride first

dont like to be negative but i assume you have checked insurance out. also try and get a test ride first as they are very extreme in terms of there set up.as for the exhaust i think lighter and smaller is the way forward unlike the 09 r1.good luck and enjoy..

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
there is a reason for them being short they balance the bikes much better by gettin as close to the centre of the bike its called progress and technology and they reduce weight

1 - 20 of 41 Posts