Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I got my hella horns today and I haven't a clue how this wiring works never been great with wiring an electrics but even after looking online I'm still confused as haven seen this wiring on any online.
Anyways nothing is labelled positive or negative so unsure which bits go into which any help would be great
Thanks IMG_8391.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
S.Wales R.O./Electrician
4,126 Posts
What Evo do you have? For 4-6 you will need the relay, 7 and up have a relay already fitted.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just sacked off the relay and grounded both of the horns. It is a front bumper off job and i had to dremel a bit of metal behind the front bumper to get it to fit right.

I also had to bend/twist one of the metal stands that come with the horn.

I think i found a guide for it once, let me see if I can find it. I think it was for a standard lancer though but the process is the same just more awkward.

You gotta put them fairly close together. Attached is mine its a bit dark

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
You need to know you don't get a clean view like you do on scoobies. Where the front bumper fits on, it can make it look offcentre and the black plastic on the right covers some of it up.

Attachments

·
S.Wales R.O./Electrician
4,126 Posts
As mentioned above you don't need to use the relay as the X already has one in circuit.

Just plug the wiring into the existing connectors, but depending on the type of horn it may be polarity conscious. Most can be wired either way, but just test the horn before rebuilding any bodywork. If one of both the horns don't sound, just reverse the connectors to the horn.

Make sure you waterproof the connectors using silicone, self amalgamating tape or if you are at a push, some insulating tape otherwise the water will get into the connections and cause the horns to fail early.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts