Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I noticed my car battery has been dead only a day after I have parked it up and locked it and thought I needed a new battery, but last night I parked the car, turned everything off and came out to the car 5 minutes later to find the headlights on with no rear lights or sidelights on. I made sure all the lights were off and tried turning them on and off etc but they wouldnt go out until i disconnected the battery?? :shake::confused:

Any ideas to what this could be?

Cheers

Lucas

·
Registered
141 Posts
Could be that old problem with water in passeger footwell!!....electrics behind kick plate...passenger side.

Had my wipers coming on for no reason while driving and unable to switch off.

Discovered a little water had got in to electrics...dryed out..spray WD40..FIXED

Worth having a look anyway..panel just pulls off

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm good advice mate cheers, it has been quite heavy with rain/snow recently i suppose which could explain it. I'll have a look.

Lucas

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Footwell is bone dry and all electrics seem fine, think I'm going to get a new headlight relay from Mitsubishi

Lucas

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Could be that old problem with water in passeger footwell!!....electrics behind kick plate...passenger side.

Had my wipers coming on for no reason while driving and unable to switch off.

Discovered a little water had got in to electrics...dryed out..spray WD40..FIXED

Worth having a look anyway..panel just pulls off[/QUOTE
Check out this thread. it should help. http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=298757

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
Have you got any gauges / electrical ancillaries wired in to come on when you turn the headlights on?

A "mate" of mine wired a cheap boost gauge into my car when I got it first, played havoc with the electrics and he was an apprentice mechanic for toyota. My car did something similar to yours with the lights.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Any news on whether this was sorted or not? Mine is doing the exact same thing. Could lock car up and no lights on, come back in 5 mins and headlights on with no side/park lights on. Already replaced the light switch stalk, and didn't happen for a couple weeks, but started again yesterday. I just unplug the back of the stalk and they go out then, but annoying all the same.

Passenger footwell is dry too, even though thats a 7,8,9 thing? Checked anyway :mhihi:

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
my six does the opposite turn the dipped beem on & nothing happens then drive for 5 10 mins then they wake up & come on any ideas? my foot wells are both dry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts