Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to restore the headlights on my cp9a and came across this product that claims to do the job with zero abrasives involved, http://www.ibc34.com/FAQ.html and i was wondering if anyone has used it or heard anything about it as I cant find any testimonials.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
T cut does the job a treat in red bottle
I've also used brasso give them a try see how you get on
Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Personally, I think it's a load of old tosh. I have restored hundreds of headlights back to 'as new' condition.

The hazing is the UV coating that has broken down as bare acrylic/polycarbonate does not like UV rays. To restore this properly, the only way you can do it is to remove it, and like I do, reapply it. This restores the UV protection, leaves lamps looking brand new and also removed stone chips etc.

Things like this, T Cut, Deet etc all have ammonia in them which cleans it off to a degree but won't restore it and the examples they show the light is perfectly hazy.... like it's been sanded to make it hazy and then something like Greygates plastic polish to rejuvenate it.

You could cover it with silicone as that will remove the hazing, until it washes out! With so little effort in the video, I can't see how it can cut properly, if you have ever tried to remove defects from paintwork, you'll know what I mean.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Autoglymm do a kit with the sanding pads and compound. I done the old boys astra for mot. 15 mins a side and there both like new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts