Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
Can't wait to see the GPS data Dave and the updated leader board. As Gav said it's gonna be RS Sprint positions 1, 2 and 3.

I must send out a huge vote of thanks to Gaz at CPP. He prepped my car in about a week, including fitting an engine. He did an absolutely stunning job in the short time he had.

So it's official EVO 6 RS Sprints are the fastest and best handling EVOS..........and Gaz and his superb team at CPP preps them best :) until someone else proves otherwise.

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's some lap data from yesterday. The lap times are slightly longer than the times recorded by the light beam because the GPS sensor is in a different position to the beam and the cars never start in exactly the same position.

These aren't the fastest laps for each driver, most were taken from the practice laps earlier on in the day.

Thanks to Liam for collecting all this data.

Some comparisons with MT-Evo:

MT-Evo 72.70
Knoxville 73.35

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't release the data for download yet because of a software problem that I'm waiting to fixed.

I've got data for most people, so if you want to see a comparison with someone let me know and I'll post it up. I can also show a comparison with laps from the last Haynes.

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's a 0-60 comparison. Not everyone manages to hit 60mph from their launch.

MT-Evo 4.15
MT-Evo Crash Lap 4.50
DaveG 4.65
Knoxville 5.45 (Gav only tried launching later in the day)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
For those that don't know Haynes the 0-60 time is uphill so would not relfect a 0-60 on the flat.

Dave that data logger is a superb bit of kit. Where can you buy them from?

If you take the best bits of everyone's laps there would definitely be a sub 70s time in there. You can really see how smooth the 8s were compared to the more tuned cars and you can pick out all the mid corner sideways moments :D

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MT-EVO said:
For those that don't know Haynes the 0-60 time is uphill so would not relfect a 0-60 on the flat.

Dave that data logger is a superb bit of kit. Where can you buy them from?

If you take the best bits of everyone's laps there would definitely be a sub 70s time in there. You can really see how smooth the 8s were compared to the more tuned cars and you can pick out all the mid corner sideways moments :D
Mike, you can buy the one we use from RaceLogic. They start at nearly £2k for a complete kit. Alternatively, you can hire the MLR's at member rates :D.

One thing I've noticed about your laps compared to almost everyone else's is you cover much less distance by driving tighter lines. Typically you're completing a lap 60 feet less than most others. That's got to be quite a time saving in it's own right.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.