Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a really crap time at tho mo with loosing my job etcetc, finally got a new job (the only thing keeping me going was the evo!) and thort id take my evo out for a run tonight......

bad idea

i have a really wierd gearbox issue, its as if 6th gear has completely dissapeard and it seems as if its a common issue??

http://www.lancerregister.com/search.php?searchid=3589184

it as if 6th gear has been completely blocked off??

anyone ever had this issue before?

ill phone andy and tina @ rse in the morning but just wondered weather anyone has heard of this problem and knows how to resolve it??

its an 8 mr by the way.....

if all else fails a 5 speed rs box would go down a treat :naughty:

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i kno mate, from what iv read i think the gearbox is a gonner, just need to sort an rs box now

·
Premium Member
8,486 Posts
i kno mate, from what iv read i think the gearbox is a gonner, just need to sort an rs box now
That's really bad luck James :blah:

You've spent a fair bit on your car recently, and with everything else, you don't need that !!

Try PM'ing Mike from Fast Apex, to see if he has a some gearbox options for you, and get RSE to fit it, if they're nearer to you ??

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yer i may do matey, iv just seen gaz at cpp has a 6rs gbox for sale, would that fit?

i will get rse to fit it for sure but they are along way from me so its £150 to get my car there on a transporter i guess

oh well i guess thats part of evo ownership hey! are you doing round one of the sprint ken?

just really want it fixed before silverstone!!

·
Premium Member
8,486 Posts
yer i may do matey, iv just seen gaz at cpp has a 6rs gbox for sale, would that fit?

i will get rse to fit it for sure but they are along way from me so its £150 to get my car there on a transporter i guess

oh well i guess thats part of evo ownership hey! are you doing round one of the sprint ken?

just really want it fixed before silverstone!!
My plan is to be at Silverstone, and I've got the car out of the garage today for the first time in months. I'm off to ND's place next week for a couple of bits and pieces, so wanted to run it around for a few days.

The 6RS box will go in, but I believe you have to change the gear linkage and gear lever cradle.

PM Antony @ Indigo-GT, as he's recently replaced a 5 speed VII to a 6 speed box, so he may still have all the 5 speed bits that you need kicking around ;)

Just make sure you get your clutch checked with the box out, as I didn't measure my clutch plates when I replaced my gearbox, as the clutch "Looked" ok, plus it was only fitted less than a year before I bought my car. Ultimately one sprint later I had my box back out as my clutch was shagged... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Almost exactly the same problem that I had before christmas except it was 4th gear that I couldn't get into instead on 6th.

I now have a 5 speed RS box fitted.

Also just a bit of advice if you do a fair bit of motorway driving, and go for the RS box, get a 4.11 final drive put in it.

The normal RS box revs a bit high on the motorway e.g. 80 mph = 4,000 revs in 5th when that is 100mph in 6th with the 6 speed box.

Craig

P.S hope you get it all sorted soon bud. I know how it feels having the car off the road for weeks :wallbang:.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
I know what's happened mate. I'l explain it to you when we speak. ANy chance you could send me your number, my phone is playing up....

Thanks

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts