Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have never bought one , they are all completly embarrassing , i even have to change channel now when they come on , i cannot believe anyone would ever pay for such a pile of complete Shite!

Paul.

·
Premium Member
Jesus built my car
38,797 Posts
Apparently the ASA has had a lot of complaints about the frequency of the "Crazy Frog" on TeeVee but say it is out of their remit cos they just monitor content. I have to admit I haven't heard the ringtone much so I hope they aren't selling, but given the ad campaigns they are getting their money from somewhere.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
the complaint about the 'frog' ad was also due to it's genitals being on clear view...
if you look closely, they are now covered by a small black square

·
Premium Member
Jesus built my car
38,797 Posts
xlr8 said:
the complaint about the 'frog' ad was also due to it's genitals being on clear view...
if you look closely, they are now covered by a small black square
I know about that, but this was a more recent complaint :)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Aidy said:
Apparently the ASA has had a lot of complaints about the frequency of the "Crazy Frog" on TeeVee but say it is out of their remit cos they just monitor content. I have to admit I haven't heard the ringtone much so I hope they aren't selling, but given the ad campaigns they are getting their money from somewhere.
Agree they must be getting lots of money from somewhere , they must spend millions on their advertising as it seems that they advertise on pretty much every channel including sky sports and a lot of big channels. I just hope it dies down soon as the other night i was watching sky sports and every break there was 2 crazy frog ads and a sweetie the fu*king chick in just 1 set of ads.

Paul.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Bit in the paper about Jamster at the weekend. Some kid downloaded the Crazy Frog from Jamster as advertised on T.V. and didn't realise that they also signed you up to their "service" which cost £3 a week! The kid only realised until he ran out of credit 3 months and £27 later. His dad complained and got the money back.

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the media blitz is to build a brand for future content distribution and hang the cost, I'd be surprised they're even covering their costs even with the thousands of unsuspecting subscribers to their 'club' shunting £6/week into their coffers. Jamba/Jamster are owned by Verisign so they're not going to run of dough any time soon unfortunately :(

I can't believe the ASA's stance on this, considering the adverts are basically saying "Hey! We'll give you this ringtone for £2 but you actually have to pay us £6/week for the privilege and text back an acrane text string (which you'll never remember by the time you notice we're fleecing you every week) to 'unsubscribe'.

Much less devious adverts have been banned, and it only takes a few dozen complaints for them to pull many other adverts. Surely the fact they've had to put a statement on their website about this shows the weight of public opinion? Complaining to the broadcasters themselves is what the ASA recommend but have you ever tried to do that?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Popular crowd. Lots of people dont seem to realise at times what they are getting into........

Click

Plenty of revenue. They are not alone in these practices.

Cheers

·
Registered
613 Posts
chunky said:
I can't believe the ASA's stance on this, considering the adverts are basically saying "Hey! We'll give you this ringtone for £2 but you actually have to pay us £6/week for the privilege and text back an acrane text string (which you'll never remember by the time you notice we're fleecing you every week) to 'unsubscribe'.
Couldn't agree more more, my misses lost about £30 quid and my old man (who's 71) lost over £75 to that scam and there was **** all he could do about it :mad:

He tried emailing, ringing, writting and texting but as you say, didn't get it word perfect so it continued. Even the local Vodafone shop couldn't stop it.
This was all before the 'scam' became more widely known.

It's absolute borrox how thety get away with it but **** me... they must be creaming off millions.
Most people I know have been caught at least once.

·
Premium Member
Jesus built my car
38,797 Posts
vampy said:
Popular crowd. Lots of people dont seem to realise at times what they are getting into........

Click

Plenty of revenue. They are not alone in these practices.

Cheers
Mmm...interesting. Now I see where they get their money from :) It does look like just a scam that will hopefully be shut down, however they are still acting within the law. The problem is that people are naïve and don't read the small print.

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Aidy said:
Mmm...interesting. Now I see where they get their money from :) It does look like just a scam that will hopefully be shut down, however they are still acting within the law. The problem is that people are naïve and don't read the small print.
Would an email petition be worth while?? or small site that everyone can add their names to so it can be forwarded on to the proper athorities??

i know hundreds of people that would sign it!

I cant take the Frog or that ******* bird anymore :mad: !!!!

Si

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
or indeed nessie the bastid dragon :mad:

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Both my kids have been caught by this, one received 10 messages in a week at £1.50 a time. I complained and in both instances and got a refund due to the fact that they are under 16.

If anyone else is getting caught by this go to ICSTIS website, look up the number and ring the company. They'll put a stop to it and also tell them that it's you daughter / son who's been receiving these messages and they are under 16 and you would like a refund.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
A ring ding ding ding ding a ding SPLAT SQUISH >Sound of boot and Frog coming into rapid contact< :D

For anyone who has kids, partners etc obsessed with having the latest ringtones here is a bit of advice on how to get them cheaply (and legally)

First, you need a bluetooth phone....

Then, go to ebay/your phone shop etc and get a bluetooth dongle (transmitter you plug into you pc so your phone can communicate with said pc) these usually cost £5-10 max.

Then go to the audacity website and download their free software. This is basically a music editing suite.

Now take the (legally downloaded :p ) song you want for the ringtone, edit it with this idiot-proof program, bluetooth it to your phone from the pc and voila!! The latest tunes without the stooopid costs associated with the Jamster's of this world.

Alternativley, Just set your ringtone to "Nokia Classic" :crackup:

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
scratch339 said:
A ring ding ding ding ding a ding SPLAT SQUISH >Sound of boot and Frog coming into rapid contact< :D

:crackup: :crackup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts