Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have AP six pot, 330 mm disc front and four pot rear,I have just replaced the front discs and still have brack juder,some times wors than other.
I belive it could be possible bearings or bent hubs,could it be anything I have missed.
Thanks Andrew

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
when you use them do you do some gentle braking first to build heat into the discs or just jump on them from cold??

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
123456 said:
Its best to rotate the bell on the hub to the position of least run out. The EVO hub and wheel bearing are week points.

did you have judder before you replaced the discs ?
Yes they juddered before the discs were replaced
Thanks Andrew

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
123456 said:
Its best to rotate the bell on the hub to the position of least run out. The EVO hub and wheel bearing are week points.

did you have judder before you replaced the discs ?
I have now changed the hubs and the juder is still there.

·
Super Moderator
19,493 Posts
Did you check the runout of the new hubs once fitted?

Unfortunately it isnt as easy as fit new parts and you'lll be fine with brakes, as i found out the hard way :(

You need to fir the new hubs, then check run out.

Then fit the new disc and re-check run out. If you have too much then try revolving the disc 90degrees on the hub and try again.

A dial gauge with mag mount isnt that much money all things considered and so could be a worth while investment when you consider time and cost involved so far. :)

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RichW said:
Did you check the runout of the new hubs once fitted?

Unfortunately it isnt as easy as fit new parts and you'lll be fine with brakes, as i found out the hard way :(

You need to fir the new hubs, then check run out.

Then fit the new disc and re-check run out. If you have too much then try revolving the disc 90degrees on the hub and try again.

A dial gauge with mag mount isnt that much money all things considered and so could be a worth while investment when you consider time and cost involved so far. :)
HI Rich
put the new discs on and the problem has gone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts