Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Basically I would like to know if what I have is 'normal' as I tried to fit some spacers but they won't fit as there are 2 diameters on the front hubs, 69mm and 67mm. But the company said they have sold loads of the spacers to other Mitsubishi's and never had a problem so id like to know what other peoples hubs look like :)

It is the 67mm part which the wheels and the spacers are meant to locate on as thats the internal diameter of the wheels I have so I'm not sure why there is the step up to 69mm?

Also there isn't really that much of the 67mm part for the location which seems a little small to me?

Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,951 Posts
I've got a photo somewhere on here from when the brake lines were fitted in 2015...:handsup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent... :(

They are from Ross sports so I assumed they were good.

I could make the spacer bigger to fit the larger diameter but that only leaves about 5mm of the right diameter for location which to me just feels like not enough?

Plus is doesn't solve the fast that they are possibly the wrong hubs and I don't want them to cause me problems in the future like they are now.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
I have the same problem. Also bought from Ross. Did you already email him? I will sent an email with pics. I never had any problems with parts I bought from them. Maybe a faulty batch or so.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the same problem. Also bought from Ross. Did you already email him? I will sent an email with pics. I never had any problems with parts I bought from them. Maybe a faulty batch or so.
No I've only just discovered it this week.
I am going to ring him tomorrow.
When did you buy them?

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Might be a stupid question,but does'nt the brake disc cover/take up the 69mm flange..leaving you with the correct 67mm one

?
The 69mm is where the disk locates but as you can see in my photo it pertrudes quite a way out which is stopping my spacer go on.

When you compare that photo to the one Ian posted you can see he only has the 67mm right up to the disk face where I think the 69mm starts if that makes sense?

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,543 Posts
View attachment 275645
I bought them in july. Just wanted to install them a few weeks ago and found out the fault.
Yep,near same as mine,but then i fitted the brake disc first,then the spacer (eibach) and it was totally fine...the gap should be taken up by the disc bell.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Only thing I changed was the hub. Used the same disc, spacer and rim. With the old hub it fitted correct.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Only thing I changed was the hub. Used the same disc, spacer and rim. With the old hub it fitted correct.
That's pretty conclusive.
Can I please ask if you can email them tomorrow and see what they say as I've been locked out my email address!! XD

1 - 20 of 21 Posts