Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had my toyos on about 5 months now and have just noticed a bulge (bleb,so ive been told its called) in the sidewall :mad:
persuming i need a new tyre,but surely it must be a production error :confused: and i shouldnt have to pay for it.
how does a bulge in the sidewall apear?
anyone had any experience in this situation?

thanks
nick

·
Registered
28 Posts
usually it happened if you ride on a curb or hit a ditch with some speed. the air pops teh construction of the nylon that's the problem. This is not count as a production error in most cases. You can try Yokohama's AD07 when you change your tires. Contact me for more detail if needed

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
They can also appear when you overheat your sidewall, I had a whole slew of them on an S01 I'd unwittingly driven on nearly flat for a few miles.

If the tyre pressure is also low I'd say it was likely not a manufacturing error in this case. As to whether you can cadge a free replacement, it depends entirely on the tyre place.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i havnt done anything for this to happen,never come across a bulge in a tyre in the whole history of my driving,i dont expect to spend near a £100 on a toyo then it bulge out the sidewall,ive took it back and they sendin it to toyo to examine and will see if they refund me,will have to wait and see wot happens :rolleyes:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Very sorry to hear your loss. I truely hope that you get a full refund or replacement. Meanwhile next time if you're changing your tires, try the Yokohama's AD07. I think you will be very satisfyabout it's quality and performance. I have used 4 sets already, 3 on my Audi A4 and change my A046 as soon as I got the car. Feel free to contact me for tires. I'll be more then Happy to help you out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.