Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange question but i was wondering if anyone has died and been bought back to life ? Or been in a coma and can remember anything about it.

Reason im asking is i went into a coma and was bought back twice last year and although i didnt see the light or any of that stuff i had some pretty mad dreams and thoughts while it was happening and when people ask me what was it like i cant really discribe it.

I think about it all the time as it seems to be implanted in my mind but i dont want to go to a shrink because im just not like that, id rather hear the thoughts of someone thats had the same experience ?

Dont think im a weirdo for putting this up i just wanna know if anyones been through the same thing :lol:

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
I have, 1997, Asthma Attack went into cardiac arrest during really hot summer in Delaware new jersey.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Sort of - Went into a diabetic coma in the back of an ambulance in august 2007. Had seriously low blood sugar levels and couldn't move a muscle, couldn't talk, but could hear and understand what was going on, I vaguely remember being carried into the ambulance, I remember hearing a paramedic shout "Her sugar level is 1.3" (its meant to be above 4) Dont remember a great deal from that point onwards, fading in and out of conciousness. I remember thinking, am I going to die.... I do remember coming round and it being like someone had flicked a switch back on.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Does it still keep popping up in your everyday thoughts or did you not know much about it ?
mate i ****es me right off !!

i fell backwards at work and banged my head very hard

i then started horizontal disco dancing uncontrollably

the lads got medics to me who had to inject me with some stuff to put me into a coma

while in hospital my body gave up twice and had to be brought back :eek:

they called my folks to the hospital who walked in to find me

on a ventilator

with a tube up each nostril

a block sunk into my neck with four lines into it

then three more lines into my arms

pads and electrodes all over

they kept me under for a day to make sure my brain didn't swell then let me come round

this was thursday morning

on monday i went home !!

totally bizarre mate i can't remember anything apart from waking up with tubes and pipes everywhere

only long term effect is i sometimes can't think of words / get them out

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
i got hit in da head by a rock when i was 11....got air flown by helicopter from my town to da beaumount hospital in dublin...
i was in a coma for nearly 2 weeks (my dad was told i would be dead by da time he arrived ta dublin. it was him or a extra doctor that could go in da helicopter so obviously they choose da doctor)....
i woke up then..i had lost all da power in da left hand side of my body:(:(
i had to learn how to do everything again, walk, eat, drink, talk etc.... it is now 13 yrs on and im able ta do all i need 2...
i was in hospital for about 4 months in total
as for does it pop up most days.....yes
i have a small limp so thats how people notice it.....

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Does it still keep popping up in your everyday thoughts or did you not know much about it ?
The lead up to the actual incident . . . . yes

During the hospital visit . . . . no, apart from briefly the US ambulance sirens on route to and very oddly the singing a form - i have no idea what it was.

The thought of dying though, not as much i used to get, sometimes cold sweats at 3am and left lying there for an hour eyes wide open not blinking with this unimaginable fear.

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
My Mum was seriously ill after undergoing surgery & radiotherapy for cancer in about 1988 and the oncologist wasn't hopeful. She was getting weaker & weaker and it seemed she'd given up. Then, so she tells me, she had an experience of being surrounded by pure whiteness - not blinding light, just whiteness - and a voice that she felt rather than heard saying "choose". The monitors showed that her heartbeat had slowed right down and whilst she didn't actually die, she came very close.

So she chose to live. Having been an atheist for 20 years she decided that there was a supreme being after all and found her faith again. It doesn't pre-occupy her now, but at the time it was obviously something that caused her a lot of soul-searching and re-assessing of her life.

You'll probably find that as time passes you think about it less and less. You had an extremely traumatic experience and it's no surprise that it pre-occupies you at the moment. Don't dismiss the idea of talking to a psychiatrist or therapist of some sort, they might be able to help you get your thoughts straight and deal with the issues surrounding your experience.

My Mum celebrates her 62nd birthday this year, we've had over 20 years that we never thought we'd share. Be grateful for the second chance you've been given and live for the future rather than being occupied with the past :)

·
Registered
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, reading them makes me get goose bumps.

I like Flynns theory.

I think mine plays on me as it was really long winded up till the last hours.

I got ill on Sun night, mon afternoon i felt really bad so went to bed around 1pm.

I went into a Coma around 5pm, i remember being in so much pain i wanted it all to go away, i had no thoughts of family or friends i just wanted the pain to stop.

The bit that haunts me is when the pain was going i was doing these stupid tasks in my head that started off quite hard but if i done them i felt a bit better, i completed all these tasks that got really easy as if it was so i couldnt fail, i remember thinking "thats better, its stopping now" and thats it really until i woke up on life support.

I rack my brains trying to think weather those thoughts were me going into a coma or dieing, i cant get over the point i was so selfish and just wanted the pain to stop regardless of what i was leaving behind.

Does that make sense ?

MLR councelling, you cant beat it :)

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Wow, reading them makes me get goose bumps.

I like Flynns theory.

I think mine plays on me as it was really long winded up till the last hours.

I got ill on Sun night, mon afternoon i felt really bad so went to bed around 1pm.

I went into a Coma around 5pm, i remember being in so much pain i wanted it all to go away, i had no thoughts of family or friends i just wanted the pain to stop.

The bit that haunts me is when the pain was going i was doing these stupid tasks in my head that started off quite hard but if i done them i felt a bit better, i completed all these tasks that got really easy as if it was so i couldnt fail, i remember thinking "thats better, its stopping now" and thats it really until i woke up on life support.

I rack my brains trying to think weather those thoughts were me going into a coma or dieing, i cant get over the point i was so selfish and just wanted the pain to stop regardless of what i was leaving behind.

Does that make sense ?

MLR councelling, you cant beat it :)
That's scary :eek: :eek:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts