Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Durgo
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has added any clever touches to their EVO, particularly 6's or earlier. Since these cars are 15+ years old now I wondered if any clever types had added any modern (discreet) touches to their cars that you find on today's vehicles .

For example, a heated seat, a clever lighting solution or media solution and any other similar touches.

Put up your ideas if you've got them.

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,841 Posts
Fitted a single din DAB Radio from Kenwood with a little windscreen mounted aerial. The radio reception on the VI GSR is rubbish with the in-built one. Also fitted the PIAA modern aero blade wipers from the group buy so much better than then OEM also PIAA Hyper+ H4 bulbs.

·
Formerly known as DazK-IV
2,120 Posts
Not a <=6 but I'm a about to fit a double-DIN stereo to the car with Mirror-Link so that I can have a Sat Nav in the centre of the dashboard ... Will fit a reversing camera too

As my aerial has broken, I may even fit DAB (though I never actually listen to the radio; you just never know when you may need to ...)

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Edit

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Fitted a single din DAB Radio from Kenwood with a little windscreen mounted aerial. The radio reception on the VI GSR is rubbish with the in-built one. Also fitted the PIAA modern aero blade wipers from the group buy so much better than then OEM also PIAA Hyper+ H4 bulbs.
Any pics?

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,841 Posts
I think listening to the radio is an 'age thing' in my case. :mhihi:

DAB is great if you like listening to TalkSport and Radio 5 live as well because we all know how bad AM/MW is!! Sounds amazing on DAB, when I say amazing I mean you can ACTUALLY listen to it! :crackup:

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,841 Posts
Any pics?
not much to see really :handsup: Wipers like a new car blades without the metal frames, head unit look on halfords and also a stick on windscreen aerial you hardly notice.

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,841 Posts
About to design and fit a towbar on my 10 - let the haters hate :lol::ara::ara::ara:

Doesnt seem anyone makes 1 for a 10, so its a design and fabricate from scratch

Stu
What's that got to do with the OP? He said modern touches to their EVO not 1960s holiday ideas. :crackup:

·
Registered
327 Posts
LED Bulbs inside and out is as far as ive gone. Wanted a sat nav double din but would never use it.
Hardly listen to the radio either, prefer to listen to the engine/exhuast

·
Registered
30 Posts
Leds in interior lights and H1 Bi-xenon projectors inside stock h4 headlights. And 2x40W led panels for these long dark Finnish winters

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
On my 2011 X: Fitted rear parking sensors (amazed they weren't standard), cruise control, reversing camera (using the main screen) and interior LED lights ( courtesy/reading).
Just some of the things I would expect in a more modern design.

·
Senior Citizen
3,956 Posts
On my 2011 X: Fitted rear parking sensors (amazed they weren't standard), cruise control, reversing camera (using the main screen) and interior LED lights ( courtesy/reading).
Just some of the things I would expect in a more modern design.
Now that you mention it. I installed cruise control on mine too.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts