Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think it's over a year since I posted here so hello to you all.

I would like to fit some harnesses to my VI for trackdays, whilst still retaining the standard belts for everyday use. I would be grateful if anyone can give me any tips or recommendations on this.

Regards
Gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not much to say really. There are 2 ways of fitting them:

1) The best way involves dropping the fuel tank to fit two bolts for the straps (where the back of the rear seat and base of the rear seat meet). You can't see these. Another two anchor bolts are fitted to the floor, either side of the seat. The straps clip on to these bolts, and the rear straps feed through the holes in your Recaro.

2) The alternate, but cheaper way, is to use the existing rear seat belt points (right passenger and middle passenger buckles). The rear harness straps will be slightly angled, but it will still work ok.

Pretty much any harness will do, and range from £30 to about £150. 4 point is better, and 3 inch is better. I use the OMP 3 inch harness, which ties me in very well and that costs around £120|PLS|vat.

I would only bother fitting a driver harness. You can unclip the harness when on the road, and just fit it for track days. THe rear seat pops out (two release catches under the front of the seat) which allows you to get to the rear belts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Original Post:
Not much to say really. There are 2 ways of fitting them:

1) The best way involves dropping the fuel tank to fit two bolts for the straps (where the back of the rear seat and base of the rear seat meet). You can't see these. Another two anchor bolts are fitted to the floor, either side of the seat. The straps clip on to these bolts, and the rear straps feed through the holes in your Recaro.
Another two anchor bolts are fitted to the floor, either side of the front seat?

Would this be the same for my E4 and
Are they either side of the seats and under the carpet?

cheers

Colie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts