Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just turned thirty so i need the compulsory relive my youth CDs!!

Anybody know of any decent CDs, that are available now, with old tunes such as:

Forever Young
Time After Time
Heart of gold
Discoland
Field of Dreams

Many Thanks

Ross

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Dunno if theyre available now but Club Kinetic and Bonkers spring to mind..

Just done a quick search. I remember buying this
The Sound Of Club Kinetic - Vol III

Released:
28 Oct 1996

Oh the memories.....

Oh and I used to record Stu Allen of Manchesters Key 103 every Sunday night with the tapes.

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
i vote for wind up, happy hardcore? are you kidding me? first thing that springs to mind is chavs

im so glad i missed that era

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Jason, You cant tell me you still like ALL the music you did when you was 17?

I used to love Happy Hardcore, although I never went to any of the raves :) I couldnt listen to it all the time these days but wouldnt mind a quick listen to take me back :)

** rushes of to download Club Kinetic so can drive to work tomorrow with all the windows down and the music on so loud it distorts :D :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
no i dont like all the music but my point was at the age i was when that era was out, and still now, i hate happy hardcore with a passion :)

89-92 was when it was happening :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You may be interested in 'Back to the 90's'... Iy was released just before xmas,

A great CD.. Some great classics on there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys!!

I never went to any of the raves either, but the tunes bring back good memories and the ipod is getting boring so i thought i'd liven it up a bit!!!

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
You make me feel REALLY old:blah: I remember turning away from the rave scene due to happy hardcore becoming all too common. I started out listening to Kiss FM when it was an illegal rave station back in about 87, thats when it was Acid house and breaks bass and bleeps:headbang2 We used to have to walk to an industrial estate and rest the aerial on the metal railings as that was the only way of getting a reception:lol:

Happy hardcore was never for me but atleast there was no fighting like in the Jungle scene. I still settle for a good Trance mix but i have no idea what the tracks are called.

Darren

·
Banned
6,473 Posts
Im with you on that Jason, can't stand it.

But what are you into???

How old are you?
he's old and grumpy and sat in the corner with his barr's iron brew when everyone else was having a good time :crackup::crackup:......

i remember all the tunes and liked all house,acid,happy hardcore...also the tunes they used to mix into rave songs with a slower song used to be mint....i still smile when i dig the old cds out and have a maf half hour:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2:smthumbup

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
im only young 21 :lol: and have been going to raves since i was 16! its all changed the last couple of years and really is full of chav's. along with the dj's wanted to make more money so the have turned it more cheesey. and making it for the even younger including putting on the under 18's nights!

ive always listened to old skool to, (hardcore back around 90-96). infact i only go to oldskool nights now! the night is alot better, people are alot nicer and its full of decent music...

best place for buying the music is markets tbh, if you want all the top tunes played by all the top dj's by copyed cd packs from back then! dreamscape, helterskelter ect (reason i say this is because these where only made on tape. copyed ones have been put onto cd's)

or as said buy the old bonkers, there going for cheap in the cd stores!

if you just want a quick listen of the best tunes... youtube! type in any song and your very likey to find it :smthumbup

D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts