Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, pulled all the engine out my evo 4 today , first time ive had a go at it on my own on a evo and all went quite well, mlr helped alot with reading the odd tip hear and there, procedures etc.:smthumbup
It had died with crankwalk so i got hold of a e8 engine and had [email protected] mg autos to build me a top spec forged item.
going to start cleaning and swoping all the bits over tomorrow so all is looking good for the new build.
also managed to use my 4 post ramp to remove the engine which i know is normally not the way to do it but it all worked really well.
I want to fit a good oil cooler kit and oil breather tank with some -10 fittings so the finish looks quality and does the job. cant decide on rocker cover colour yet and a genaral theme for the engine bay. any opinions greatly appreciated on all the above .:D

simon.

·
Banned
6,473 Posts
it gets easier in time mate:naughty::naughty:...especially with a ramp, i think my time on a ramp is 1hour 45 mins start to drop on floor and on the floor with trolley jack around 2 and half hours :smthumbup:smthumbup:smthumbupalways pays to be patient :smthumbup:smthumbup

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
it gets easier in time mate:naughty::naughty:...especially with a ramp, i think my time on a ramp is 1hour 45 mins start to drop on floor and on the floor with trolley jack around 2 and half hours :smthumbup:smthumbup:smthumbupalways pays to be patient :smthumbup:smthumbup
animal :mhihi:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was thinking 10 minutes with a stihl saw lol !! im not new to working on cars far from it but i felt the evo a bit daurnting but now ive had a go seems ok.

·
Banned
6,473 Posts
i was the same the first time i touched anything of mine these days i would just pull it :lol:
:eek::eek::eek:we know about you and pulling it jay, but this isnt the time:crackup::crackup::crackup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.