Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Anyone knows more information abou Hankook Ventus TD?

What sizes and compounds they are/will be available.
Are they street legal (E homologation)
Can someone deliver them in here?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
They are on the basis they are not a UK supplied tyre, I was replying to the post above mine.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've just taken RS2 tyres off my STI Spec C as they have been completely rubbish for road use especially over the winter. They look nothing like the tyres pictured above BTW. The compound of the RS2 are 200, which is boardering on soft - but no near as soft as R888's. they have a stiff wall and i think a Y speed rating as you'd expect from a track tyre. I'll keep my RS2's for the summer on the track when its dry but not for anything else. The tyres pictured above cannot be road legal can they ? surely not?

Rgds
Andrew

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I've just taken RS2 tyres off my STI Spec C as they have been completely rubbish for road use especially over the winter. They look nothing like the tyres pictured above BTW. The compound of the RS2 are 200, which is boardering on soft - but no near as soft as R888's. they have a stiff wall and i think a Y speed rating as you'd expect from a track tyre. I'll keep my RS2's for the summer on the track when its dry but not for anything else. The tyres pictured above cannot be road legal can they ? surely not?

Rgds
Andrew
Yeah totally agree with that. The problem with the RS2 compound is that it needs plenty of heat otherwise its like plastic. When you get some heat in them they are a great tyre and don't aquaplan in summer rain.

·
Registered
194 Posts
What material do you use? I have them on my Corolla AE86 in supersoft compound and they are great................... but yes they hold a lot better when they are hot, and i was unable to overheat them.
On evo, i like my ADVAN A048R M/H. The are very good on medium or high temperatures, not able to overheat them on the hillclimb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.