Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Handed in my notice after 10 years at the same place,
I have been a manager of a manufacturing type business for all this time but finally due to poor wages and lack of prospects i feel it is time to move on.
My question is - If anyone knows of any good jobs going for a very hard working reliable person , who can learn any trade in a very short space of time, preferably in Warwickshire area please let me know, as i am not the sort of person to laze around for any amount of time. Plus i have to keep my pride and joy on the road!

Cheers

Paul.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Chunky , it was a big move for me to make after 10 years which is a bit scary but at the same time exciting .

·
Premium Member
23,183 Posts
paulpicks21 said:
I take it it turned out good for you in the end then lee?
Yea Paul was hard at 1st but got stuck in and never looked back.

Also sean is just upset as they turned him down (bit on the small side) :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Lee

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Leonard said:
Nice one m8 :)

Very brave of you not having another job to go to :eek: but fair play :cool:
Have got my house up for sale to free up some cash to start my own business , but in the meantime thought it would be a good idea to keep an eye out for another job.
You know it makes sense!

paul.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Quit my job at the start of the year with nothing in the pipeline...had enough of travelling 45 miles each way for 2 years.

The final dicision came when I stood outside the pub on new years eve, remembering last new years eve like it was yesterday, looking back @ the past year & I thought...'what have i done this year?' & 'do i want to be here again in a years time'?

Since then travelled the world, seen amazing things i never thought could exist & looking to secure a job 2 miles down the road with much better prospects!

Best move ever...:smthumbup

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
paulpicks21 said:
Have got my house up for sale to free up some cash to start my own business , but in the meantime thought it would be a good idea to keep an eye out for another job.
You know it makes sense!

paul.
True you dont want to squander all your house money on beer and lap dances in 6 months, just cos your bored during the day :D ;)

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Go for it.

Been trading for eight years now. Still hard work but wouldn't have it any other way.

Skeletor

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I quit my job after 13 years for the same reasons, as yet I have not found anything else and am working with an agency to keep the cash flowing :rolleyes: but I am happier, my son says I'm "nicer"and I have put on weight and got my appetite back, was underweight, 9.5 stone :eek:

When you hate what your job has become and your lack of future prospects it can really affect your life outside work, I loved my job but it was made so hard and stressfull that I had to leave and even though I'm skint I still made the right decision

Skint but happy

Good luck , you know it makes sense

Gary

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
In the same boat m8. Finish tomorrow after 7 years. Bent over backwards for this company and get stabbed in the back.

Registered with an agency and they have offered me some positions. Been applying for jobs here there and everywhere that seem to attract my attention.

Very nervous at the mo. But at the end of the day if the job is effecting your health and home life, it's time for a change.

Best of luck

Trina

·
Registered
24,444 Posts
Trina I no what you mean me and Andy both ran a Window company for two directors who spent most of their time abroad, andy got too busy doing installations at the weekend we never saw each other, he decided to go on his own, after wishing him well etc (I was staying on at that point as company secretary) 4 weeks later - after ithe pressure getting on top of them, they refused to supply us with window frames ! talk about pulling the carpet from under you feet, I never went back and haven't looked back since, I admit it was a struggle trying to source new companies etc not to mention building up credit account but ho hum 3 years on :D ;)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Gazzor said:
When you hate what your job has become and your lack of future prospects it can really affect your life outside work, I loved my job but it was made so hard and stressfull that I had to leave and even though I'm skint I still made the right decision

Skint but happy
Evo1man said:
But at the end of the day if the job is effecting your health and home life, it's time for a change.
Unless U take the plunge, U will never fully appreciate the above feeling...:jump

1 - 20 of 20 Posts