Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys so I'm working on a fairly typical rusty Evo 7 and I've been fighting with every bolt I have went to remove to get the rear sub frame down. Any how the handbrake cable and abs sensor are very difficult to get out as they feel rusty solid in place.

I've the brake shoes disassembled however I can't seem to figure how I can get the handbrake cable to pull through. Any tips for getting either out?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs Rim Gas

Automotive tire Wood Automotive wheel system Twig Tints and shades

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got that clip removed but the cable seems to be stuck solid. Maybe was thinking to try abit of heat to release it up a bit or cut it of with a grinder. Any experience with these being seized before?

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
This job looks very familiar, if it's not coming with WD40 and knocking a small hammer around tube while pulling the cable. Then I'd say its time to carefully cut open the old backing plate if your wanting to save the handbrake cable. As far as the speed sensor goes, I removed the shaft and drilled it out.
Good luck

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So thankfully I got the handbrake cable out by using a small chisel and hitting the lip connecting into the backing plate. I've took both spindles off but haven't tried hitting the abs sensor out yet might try some heat around the outside of it and seen if they slide out.

Just waiting on getting a lend of a bigger impact wrench to remove remaining bolts holding subframe and diff up, as my 900nm impact won't budge them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts