Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is a little arrow on the dash next to the fuel gauge that shows which side the fuel filler is on :smthumbup its the little things!!! I drive loads of different cars so remembering which car has it on which side, in the evo, i'd always pop the flap and then look in the mirrors to remember which side its on!
but then i'm sure everyone else knew that!
useless observation finished!

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
:lol:..its on most cars i beleive, it might not be an arrow though, some have the pump pic with the hose showing which side it is on :smthumbup

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
I drive lots of vans and the pump picture never matchs the side the filler cap is on.. Also noticed this in some cars.

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
I drive lots of vans and the pump picture never matchs the side the filler cap is on.. Also noticed this in some cars.
its been on all my cars, like i said, 'on most i beleive' :smthumbup

and its on the evo x

·
Registered
318 Posts
hmm

I was told this when i did my training as a mechanic, its no the pump but the hose/nozzle that indicates the side the cap is.

(well should) Always been true so far.

·
Registered
28 Posts
In my experience it's not the hose that dictates what side the filler cap is on.
It only tells you if there is a small arrow pointing either left or right. :)

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
wifes kia has a little triangle arrow indicating the nearside for fill ups :)

i always forget, she pointed it out to me, i was surprised tbh!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well it used to always be on the opposite side to the exhaust, then some smart arse put exhausts on both sides :) anyway, i'd never noticed the little arrow thing until now :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
agreement

This is what I thought it depends which way the nozzle is facing.
Its definately related to what side the filler cap is. Its either a wee arrow or the hose/nozzle side thats where the cap is.

Ive never come across a vehicle that doesnt have this but, i aint saying its gospel like!

Nice to know its of interest to folk though.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
there is a little arrow on the dash next to the fuel gauge that shows which side the fuel filler is on :smthumbup its the little things!!! I drive loads of different cars so remembering which car has it on which side, in the evo, i'd always pop the flap and then look in the mirrors to remember which side its on!
but then i'm sure everyone else knew that!
useless observation finished!
but I bet your indicator control is on the wrong side...(?)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I've always just gone on the cars origin. So Japanese/Brit...(oh,hang on, I don't have a Morgan!) drive on the left, so filler is on the Left, where as Euro cars and Yanks (inc Vauxhalls and euro Fords) tend to be designed as LHD motors so the filler is on the right.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I've always just gone on the cars origin. So Japanese/Brit...(oh,hang on, I don't have a Morgan!) drive on the left, so filler is on the Left, where as Euro cars and Yanks (inc Vauxhalls and euro Fords) tend to be designed as LHD motors so the filler is on the right.
same with the indicators, the slightly older (?) jap cars were designed as right hand drive and so the indicators were put on the correct side of the steering wheel, i.e. the right.

·
Registered
222 Posts
same with the indicators, the slightly older (?) jap cars were designed as right hand drive and so the indicators were put on the correct side of the steering wheel, i.e. the right.
...and that makes so much sense! I bought my first Jap import car about 9 years ago and kept hitting the windscreen wipers instead of the indicators. After a week or so of ownership, having the indicator stem on that side made so much more sense! My Mrs has an old MR2 as a runaround and whenever I drive that it reminds me where the indicators should be!

I don't think think the fuel filler side of things is true though. I have a British car (Exige) and a French thing (306 Gti6...rubbish!) and the fuel filler on both cars is on the drivers side

1 - 19 of 19 Posts