Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ill try and keep this as short as i can,

had a slight incident in the ice last month at about 15mph, hit another car who lost control infront of me. impact was on my drivers side, ended up damaging the bumper, headlight, wing, bonnet, intercooler cracked and hard pipe crushed from turbo to intercooler, pipe came off.

so drove 2 miles to my garage with no hard pipe connected so the car was running very boggy, could barely get it over 10 mph, and was running very rich.

so i got to my garage, and first thing i done was take out the plugs and dry them and do an oil change as i know fuel had gotten through the cylinders into the sump.

new intercooler and new hard pipe, and now it runs fine and drives fine but doesnt seem to settle on idle ok. so if im driving and come to a stop with my clutch down, the revs will come down to about 2k and stay there for a minute before coming down.

i played around with the idle screw but now it stalls sometimes when i come to a stop. not too sure whats going on here.

any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Poss air leak on itercooler pipework, you said you changed intercooler but did you change hoses or reused old. If re used old suggest checking for damage. If all good then do a battery disconnect and reconnect reset and allow to idle through warm up cycle.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep only one pipe was damaged, i had it warmed up and straightened, cant even tell now, no holes or cracks that can be seen. and battery was flat when i came to start it as its been sitting for a month so can assume the reset has been done?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts