Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi...
i sold the evo on ebay 2 weeks ago...
the guy sends me 1500 deposit via paypal without viewing the car..
we arraged a pick up date and he txt me that morning giving me an excuse why he wasnt coming....
he the arraged for his m8 to pick it on yesterday, i took time off work and ending up waiting 3 hours for him to turn up but he never did!!
i cant get any contact with him or his m8 since friday ,,, ive phoned, emailed ....

what should i do??
ive got 1500 quid and still got the evo!!!:confused::confused:

·
Registered
364 Posts
its his problem not yours. Deposits are normally non refundable :smthumbup

i would have thought he would be back in touch i would

·
Registered
8,808 Posts
Pay pal it back to him and tell him to go waste someone elses time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the thing is how long do i wait??
i thin king of saying he dosent pick it up by friday he will lose his deposit!!
does that sound harsh?

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
hmm, sounds fishy.....
I wonder if he paid with a hacked Paypal account, and got rumbled/cold feet...

I'd hang onto the money if I were you, and wait a while.
If after a week or so, I'd be readvertising the car, using his deposit money to pay for any expenses incurred.

I guess he'll be back for deposit at some point.
I dunno where you stand with regard to keeping it. Unless you specified in the advert that the deposit was non refundable??

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Paypal back a grand and keep the £500 for your time.
It's got to be suss because who leaves £1500 on a car then doesn't show?

Oh yeah and move the Evo:smthumbup

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
send msg through whatever way you have been contacting him and give him a date that you want it collecting by and stateing if he doesnt collect by then he will lose his deposit and if he dont the beers are on you lol (deposit is a deposit after all his loss mate

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Also, I'd close your Paypal account down and start another one, as if it has been hacked paypal will just take the money straight back out your paypal account!

Otherwise, keep it handy for the minute, continue to advertise the car if it sell it sells meanwhile if he don't come for the money, I'd no what I'd be doing with it!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Paypal back a grand and keep the £500 for your time.
It's got to be suss because who leaves £1500 on a car then doesn't show?

Oh yeah and move the Evo:smthumbup
thats what i thought i wouldnt put 1500quid down and walk away...
i never gave him my address i arraged to meet at a m8 house .....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
send msg through whatever way you have been contacting him and give him a date that you want it collecting by and stateing if he doesnt collect by then he will lose his deposit and if he dont the beers are on you lol (deposit is a deposit after all his loss mate
i think this is what ill do!! it sounds the best way to do it!!:smthumbup

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
must be some logical explanation I can't see how someone leaves a £1500 deposit and doesn't show! I wouldn't do anything with the paypal money could be a fraudulant transaction as someone said could come back on you ten fold. keep trying him find out whats happened :)

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Could be several reasons, even genuine possibly?

The guy could have been in some form of accident or something. Then again maybe not.

If I were you I would send him a message through txt, ebay & paypal advising you will wait until the end of the week. If nothing is heard then refund his money (keep advertising costs etc for your troubles). Then report to ebay & paypal he is a timewaster.

You cant keep his £1500 thats just wrong regardless of him turning up or not.

Just my opinion though.

:smthumbup

·
acting daft since 1969
19,589 Posts
what did you put in the ad about the deposite ,and collection ,did you give the guy/winner a time he had to collect it by if so if that times passed you keep the cash and readvertise the car ,your well with in your legal right to do it as the advert your right on EBAY is the contract you enter in to when bidding ,its the same if its not as advertised they can walk away

sit tight for a week or so then readvertise it

on an other thing my mates just had £400 put in his bank account in cash at hio branch from someone he dosnt know and never heard of ,the bank says leave it for 28 days if theres no claim over it, its his

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
he will be back

you get used to things like this when selling cars

and i think its knocking on 3 months till you can sell it to someone else - happened to us a few times - i think one of them we had must have died a few years back

·
Registered
9,261 Posts
p/pal

watch out for p/pal as said-they will freeze it or take it-no appeal
no way i would take £1500 through p/pal for a car deposit,too easy to get shafted.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
first of all check the notes he gave you are real
he paid by paypal so notes will be ok......

i would wait untill paypal have cleared the funds etc as they could have used a scam account for credit cards etc etc and if you withdraw the cash from paypal and it is a scam account you account will be in the minus for the cash that was withdrawn from it.....

wayne

1 - 20 of 43 Posts