Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from body shop after hrs of trying to fit the Varis front bumper!

I bought the bumper cheap of Envy on here as it had been damaged on the way over from Japan. looked at photos saw that damaged was easily repairable and not too servre. So went ahead.

well excited today Dave (disco dave) said Bumpers all done sprayed and new black mesh all in place. Looked fantastic

BUT not a hope in hell on it fitting correctly to the car (pictures to follow later) the actual bumper is twisted! the part between the headlights is so far out that when one side sits flush the other side is overlapping the healight :cry:

we tried many ways of installing it with and with out the Bumper bar etc, and only some of the holes line up with the car. It looks like it has been pushed out of shape when fresh out the mold.

you will see by the pics the repaired parts have nothing to do with the overall shape of the bumper, dave just followed the lines all ready there and with 9 yrs in fibreglass he knows whats his doing.

Envy probably wouldnt of spotted this until fitting to a car, but its usless and im gutted ive spent 300 odd on paints/mesh and labour for something i cant use

where do i stand??

Gutted, it looked awesome when it was nearly on :cry: :cry: be trying so hard to get it all done for japfest.

Si

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
give it back to them...fairly sure they'll understand once you've explained ?
they're an MLR-trader member, just as you are.... so need to maintain a good reputation on here....

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
If you bought it as damaged you may be stuck with it mate, unless you are pally with the people at Envy :confused:

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
JOHN'S RED VII said:
If you bought it as damaged you may be stuck with it mate, unless you are pally with the people at Envy :confused:
http://www.lancerregister.com//showthread.php?s=&threadid=73971&highlight=varis You can see damage on this thread.

The damage was just cracks and splits, but as Envy said any competent bodyshop can sort those out and they have been to a very high standard by Dave. Even with out the cracks and spanking new theres no way that bumper would fit to an evo.

I will speak to Gareth at Envy 2moro and hope he will take care of it. It really is that far out and the whole top part would need to be chopped off and moved and shaped to make it kinda fit. looking at the fit on the Varis site it should be perfect.

fed up and im on the red Wine

Si

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
SJSdesign said:
Just got back from body shop after hrs of trying to fit the Varis front bumper!

I bought the bumper cheap of Envy on here as it had been damaged on the way over from Japan. looked at photos saw that damaged was easily repairable and not too servre. So went ahead.

well excited today Dave (disco dave) said Bumpers all done sprayed and new black mesh all in place. Looked fantastic

BUT not a hope in hell on it fitting correctly to the car (pictures to follow later) the actual bumper is twisted! the part between the headlights is so far out that when one side sits flush the other side is overlapping the healight :cry:

we tried many ways of installing it with and with out the Bumper bar etc, and only some of the holes line up with the car. It looks like it has been pushed out of shape when fresh out the mold.

you will see by the pics the repaired parts have nothing to do with the overall shape of the bumper, dave just followed the lines all ready there and with 9 yrs in fibreglass he knows whats his doing.

Envy probably wouldnt of spotted this until fitting to a car, but its usless and im gutted ive spent 300 odd on paints/mesh and labour for something i cant use

where do i stand??

Gutted, it looked awesome when it was nearly on :cry: :cry: be trying so hard to get it all done for japfest.

Si
thats also common with some monster sport parts too bud, u need to force to fit them

all to do with the moulding process

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heres a couple of shots of the repair job, as you can see just following the lines of the bumper.

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Moses, you will see by the pics ( we dave emails them to me) we took no matter how much force you cant fit a round peg in a square hole.

we tired for hrs different ways to get it to fit, the angles are all out and its not symetrical.

Si

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Look at the different angles of the top sides. (this cant be right)??

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
because the angle is wrong it overlaps the light

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this side is better but not great

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Looks like it was made by mynheer with those sort of panel gaps :)

Sorry to hear it won't fit

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
well for a 700 quid bumper u would have thought it would fit better but the top is slightly twisted u cant realy see it when its not on car but as soon as its fitted u can tell as grille part it twisted back and over to one side this is a moulding fault and hasnt been caused by the damage at all..

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
bloody hell Si thats not even close. even stevie wonder can see that. surely there must be some come back on it. that section between the lights isnt even nearly inthe middle of the bumper

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
from the front :( i love how it looks on the car :cry:

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Calm down dear sure Envy will sort it for you. You should have spoke to them 1st really , before posting on here ;)

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Leonard said:
Calm down dear sure Envy will sort it for you. You should have spoke to them 1st really , before posting on here ;)
Matt, not slagging Envy at all as the prob is with Varis. Envy as i said wouldnt spot the bumper is all on the wonk unless they actually tried to fit.

im just fed up, but im sure they will sort it out for me just that ive been working hard to get the car ready for shows and didnt expect this at all knowing the rep Varis produts have for fitment.

Si

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I know m8 :(

Good things come to those that wait and I reckon it will be very very good when its done :coolsm:

Matt
:)

·
Registered
501 Posts
simon stop faffing about with your car and get on with me sticky bits ;)

only kidding i`m sure after speaking to them they will be able to sort you out good luck will look nice when you get it on the car

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
surely you can put some vinyl to cover the gaps :D or i am good with a mastic gun!

there add mentions the fit so you should have some re-course perhaps

1 - 20 of 28 Posts