Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am currently in the process of specing a turbo for my engine, I am looking at the GTX series turbos, I want quite a wide power band and care more about quick spool rather than top end. I was set on a GTX2876r. I am only looking for around 450-500hp, I know its a bit counter intuitive but I am also thinking of going long rod as I fancy some revs. If any of you guys have ran any of these turbos or have real world curves it would be awesome to hear what you think. I have had a look at the flow data and in the region I will be running there isnt a massive efficiency difference between these two but one has some steep lines outside the effy island. The A/R I want to run will be in the .6's. I havnt done full engine massflow calcs yet but just wanted to see what you guys have to say about these turbos.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
I’m sure that’s what my turbo is (gt30) and it has a nice pull, mine is 530bhp. Make sure you don’t go screamer pipe as after 4000rpm mine is like a blue light magnet due to how noisy it gets.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m sure that’s what my turbo is (gt30) and it has a nice pull, mine is 530bhp. Make sure you don’t go screamer pipe as after 4000rpm mine is like a blue light magnet due to how noisy it gets.
Lol sounds good, I think I am set on the 3071 at .061 A/R, I'll probs recirc into the down pipe for that reason, bet yours sounds good though?

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
Lol sounds good, I think I am set on the 3071 at .061 A/R, I'll probs recirc into the down pipe for that reason, bet yours sounds good though?
Just run loads of boost, you won’t be wasting it then down the screamer 😂👍

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
I would get the .82 housing as you will loose top end with smaller housing. You don’t want your car running out of steam at 7000rpm.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
I don’t know what size housing mine is but if I had to choose I would go .82.
On my last car I ran a gt35 with a .63 housing and power tailed off after 6500rpm. I later put a .82 housing on and because the car made more power I didn’t notice the extra 200rpm of lag as car pulled all the way to redline.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts