Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m semi thinking about swapping my evo 7 and motorbike for a GTR.

Has anyone done it and regretted it?

Is anyone selling one?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thought about it myself but prices have gone up crazily . During the 1st or 2nd lockdown was the time to do it. The ship has sailed already. Save your dollar.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The experts have said oil consumption is within spec for a forged build with drop in pistons due to the clearances.

A relationship breakup has got me wanting a change.
Plus my 7 year old wants one. 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Evo 7 & R35 Gtr
12,907 Posts
I’m semi thinking about swapping my evo 7 and motorbike for a GTR.

Has anyone done it and regretted it?

Is anyone selling one?
Ive both. Very different motors mate tbh but both totally awesome in their own right.

The gtr does things very easily, it’ll go do a trackday, run all day then you could drive down to the south of France at 200+mph while drinking a Costa coffee, listening to radio 2 and smoking a cigar, It’s that easy. You’re actually never scared of it blowing itself to bits, you’re relaxed knowing it’ll take a busy all day every day.

It’s totally different to the evo though, while the evo feels nippy and agile, pointy and squirty the gtr feels lazy and somewhat lethargic at times, it’s struggles to change direction quickly and it’s weight-is a factor. I’ve found i have to drive it totally differently than I do The evo to get the best out if it, especially on track. Having said that, it’s a complete and utter hooligan and I absolutely love it. It gets good attention everywhere I take it, people only have good things to say about it which is weird really considering it’s fundamentally a Datsun.

I love the fact that if you’re not in the mood it can be really really lazy, it’s the best and worst thing about it the gearbox imo. You can be pottering along but get some turd behind you and you stick the foot down to say go away but they can go away because the thing takes what seems an age to drop down, it’s constantly trying to select 6th after 35mph it’s much better in R mode but still an asshole. I believe you can get the latest Nismo software thrown on it which is night and day. I am having this done when I get a min.

My dba car is 630hp, it’s like a map in it, filters, bigger injectors and bigger intakes. It’s cheap really as long as you don’t go daft, believe me 630hp is plenty. If you think how much it costs to get decent power out of an evo a map on a gtr is really reasonable. My car covers ground at a pace that shouldn’t be legal. It’ll happily cruise at 150 and will still drop a cog and squat at that if you stick the foot down quickly. You can turn all the traction off and it’ll happily hang its arse out at every corner which is really good fun (on track) though I did completely destroy 2 rear tyres the other week at Anglesey so I’d not recommend it as they’re over £200 a tyre! Good fun though absolutely

I’ve had no car cause it an issue at all until I went in a run with Luke last weekend, but that’s a 900hp lambo svj and he pulled about 5 car lengths on me up to autobahn speeds. Not bad for a 50k Nissan.

Prices are a bit crazy recently but there are decent value ones about. Try get a dba 2012+ and buy one. They’re awesome.
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts