Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I am buying an RS based car and trying to find if the GSR electric windows system
(electric motors/switches) can work with the RS. There was a sugeestion from Ralliart
that the system may not work as there are some connection to the standard ECU (and my RS
may not have it since it will be the ExtremeS). Surely there must be a way to fit the original
mitsubishi electric windows system to my car (as I want to have the GSR door trims as well) ...

Your feedback is highly appreciated

Regards,

Alex.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hehe, you will be so much faster you will have time to put the windows down manually before your GSR friends appear in your RVM anyway! :D LOL

It's possible to do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lecy windows are vastly over rated and are one thing I wouldn't miss if they came without them.

You didn't say what model but they are all pretty much the same (unless the E7 is vastly different which I can't believe). The power windows have absolutely no connection with the ECU, in fact technically it is very easy to wire up. All you need is an ACC switched feed from the ignition switch to a 10A relay that can supply the GSR power window stuff you get. If you need any more help or wiring diagrams for the 4-TME then let me know but it really is simple :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Claudius,

Not with my 50 Kg's audio setup that I have :(
Somehow I am not 100% convinced that the Extreme S is
so much quicker than the GSR. My previous standard E6TME
was not bad at all and without the huge 12 twin subwoofers
and the amps was going definetely faster that it used too.

I realised that the last day before p/x it with the extreme :)

BTW do you know if the windows wiring loom have any connections
to the ECU. I am afraid that I will have to improvise to make the whole
system work.

Regards,

Alex.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heave Ho Six,

Thanks a million (I was talking about the E7). I may have a
question or two if I get the e/w (things like the meaning of the
different wires according to the colours)

Thanks again,

Alex.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have the wiring details of the E7 BUT it should be simple to fit, I can't see why it would be needed to be connected to the ECU but I cannot say for certain. There should be a way round it though.
If anyone would like to donate the E7 workshop manuals to me then I will pay the postage ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had all electric doors fitted to my 1800 RS some time ago, though it had originally come from Japan (second hand) with aftermarket front electric windows. My advise though is to buy a GSR in the first place. You'll easily get used to the minute speed difference between the RS and the GSR but you'll notice the all the goodies they've skimped on in the RS. Do it right the first time, its not worth the hassle changing. This advice is probably coming too late.

By the way, don't listen to Heave Ho Six (no offence), Lecy windows do make a difference, especially if it is the chicks you're after

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
By the way, why on earth would you want to put a 50kg audio system in an RS? When my RS is 'getting down' the only music that comes out clearly is the engine and road roar, any music is drowned out. I like my music and if I'd known the RS would be that noisy I'd have gone for a GSR first time - that sound proofing does make a difference!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Slowlane,

Most of the weight of my Audio system is due to the Huge subwoofer and
the amp that drives it. Why I buy the (lightweight) Extreme S and add a huge
2x12 subwoofer especially when 99% of the times I listen to my music at low volume ?
Sincerely, I don't know and I am more puzzled than you considering that I am coming from a strong
classical music background :) . Anyway, the subwoofer and its amp are both removable.
It takes less than half a minute to remove them from the boot (if you can lift them).

Regarding the RS-GSR decision now. I made the decision to go for the RS as it was the one with
the more power, GEMS ECU and uprated brakes compared to the GSR. I know exactly what you
mean (regarding its spartan interior) and I hope that I will not regret it ( I used to have the GSR based
E6TME).

I am not after the chicks (In case that my wife read this thread

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This task may not be as simple as it first appears, the EVO V11 uses multiplex wiring to control the windows, I would recommend you try and get hold of all of the loom associated with the electric window system together with the motors etc. Good Luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That explains the connection to ECU then. As Elvis says you will have to get the loom and components and if the RS ECU doesn't have the control for the windows then you are stuffed unless you upgrade it to the GSR ECU, hardly worth it for the sake of pressing a button!
I didn't think multiplex was that widespread yet, damn technology!

Thanks Elvis, the fountain of all knowledge ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am fitting GSR doors to my Rally Evo 6 RS, as the rollcage fouls the door window winders. I dont plan to wire the motor supply to the ECU, so can i take a feed straight from the batt, via a fuse?. I don't belive the 6 has multiplexed wiring, anyone know otherwise?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The 6 doesn't have multiplex wiring (luckily).
What you need to do is wire in a relay that is controlled from the ignition ACC switch (or whatever setup you have on your 6) with the relay switched supply from the battery via a 10A fuse. It is probably not advisable to have the lecy windows wired directly to the battery via a fuse due to security reasons, better to have a switched supply. If you want the circuit diagram of the GSR lecy windows then let me know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts