Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I'm brand spanking new here. I've read alot in these forums over the last 6 months and decided to join to see if someone can help me out.
Thank you in advance

I've bought a 96 Lancer and converted it to a 2nd gen 4g93t. Practically everything is good to go except the tranny setup.
The problem is that with the chassis I have, I have to set it up as a FWD temporarily...
I currently have a f5m21 gearbox which I'm pretty sure is a Mivec one. It all bolts in fine but I can't get a flywheel/starter motor setup that mates up correctly..
It's a CM5A btw

What other options do I have in the way of keeping it FWD while being reasonably reliable for a decent amount of power?

Unless someone knows exactly which flywheel I need, I'm going to have to change over to a different gearbox/clutch setup.

This is had me stumped for a few months now and I sadly haven't driven it once.. :/ Has all the goodies to be a beat but it's just a lawn ornament atm haha

Cheers guys

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What flywheel would I need for that Colt box?
You wouldn't happen to know what flywheel I need for my Mivec box would you?
It would be nice if I can make use of what I have on hand plus I've heard that the ratios are good for drag. Which is ultimately what this car will be for.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
To convert the 4g93t from the cm5a to fwd use you will need to get the backing plate(behind flywheel)off a mivec to allow the starter to match up with the bolt holes on the fwd gearbox. Then for flywheel and clutch use ones for a mivec. when you have it all bolted together you ll notice that the slave cylinder will be right in the way of the turbo so what I normally do is turn the slave cylinder 90 degrees and mount it on top of the bracket for it(part of the bell housing). To do this you will need to drill and tap new mounting holes. The 1.3 gearbox ratios are best suited for the turbo engine as Todd mentioned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you had the original gearbox from your CM5A halfcut then u could just lock the gearbox to be FWD. Or the best gearbox is to get a FTO front gearbox with LSD n stuff but not sure where your from and if it's possible to source one. And since you already have a Mivec one then should just try to make it work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts