Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have s2's with an 8rs turbo and its awesome! 400hp 442lbft on 97ron with a sports cat! Will be going back for a tweak for some new injectors as the standard ones were 98/99% duty and have also ported the exhaust manifold so may see even more from it? Either way its very punchy and pulls like a train

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I had s2's with a ball bearing 80 series mine made 425hp 420lbft car went well my only recommendation is cam pulleys to dial them in as mine where quite far out on standard ones

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had s2's with a ball bearing 80 series mine made 425hp 420lbft car went well my only recommendation is cam pulleys to dial them in as mine where quite far out on standard ones
I am currently running gsc s1's and making 425hp/420lbft, wondering if it'll be a waste putting the s2's with an 80 series

Attachments

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Yeah I would stick with what you have, the 80 series won't flow much more anyway
The s2's are more aggressive and idle isn't as good as the s1

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
boost comes on pretty aggressively lol, this is all on stock internals and an evo 5 engine

·
Registered
8,232 Posts
I've got the s2 in mine but there more built for high powered evo's so if your going for big power then I would change but if not stick with what you got ;)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Would be worth trying as you already have them, saves £4-500 of disappointment! I only went s2's as there was no stock of s1's when I bought mine. The idle isn't too bad, I like the lumpy burble! Also still on stock pulleys but forged rods and pistons. mapped at Dynotech too so can compare nicely il grab a pic later and stick it on

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm running the gsc s1 cams that have been dialled in with an 80 series turbo running 2bar of boost and the car pulls like a train. Very happy with it but yet to get it on a dyno.:smthumbup

1 - 18 of 18 Posts