Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Right then, My mate, whose best mates dad owns Ashley Exhaust systems. The claims are - That Ashley are the manufactures for the group N system and are contracted to Ralliart. So all of the Ralliart Group N cars run this system. It is 2.5 straight through and is made from a mixture of SS and Inkernel? (SP?)

After reading posts on MLR - I understand that most people here want to go from 2.5 to 3 - So why is the Group N thing only 2.5 ??

If this sysem is any good I can get it quite cheap. But I must sypply my own down pipe - Ralliart use and Inkernel one - wihich I would have o buy from them and is very expensive - So which one should I go for - Magnex?

WTF - Is Inkernel???

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Group N cars conform 2 tight regulations and this effectively means that they produce only standard BHP apart from the fact they have 2 run a factory size exhaust anyway. However , us lot want as much power and noise as possible , hence BIGGER exhausts :)

INCONEL 2 give it's correct spelling is a very high grade of stainless steel , very heat and corrosion resistant , very strong at high temperature and as light as titanium , also bladdy expensive !!

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Inconel - Expensive??? - Just got a quote from Brian @ Ashley - £5500 |PLS|nVAT for the full system - but he said he'll do me a deal - £5000 inc VAT cash!! - the words F**k that come to mind!

Any way looking into it further - I understand that the Grpup A system in 3 straight through and they use some sort of removable baffle - simular to the Blitz. - Does anyone here have any more info on this?

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
If I read the rules right Group N exhausts can be modified from the first silencer or CAT (whichever is first) to the exit. The modified pipe diameter can be no more than the pipe diameter upstream of the first silencer or CAT hence on the Evo group N exhausts are 2.5 diameter.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Original Post:
Group N cars conform 2 tight regulations and this effectively means that they produce only standard BHP apart from the fact they have 2 run a factory size exhaust anyway. However , us lot want as much power and noise as possible , hence BIGGER exhausts :)

INCONEL 2 give it's correct spelling is a very high grade of stainless steel , very heat and corrosion resistant , very strong at high temperature and as light as titanium , also bladdy expensive !!
Inconel is heavier than steel! Very high nickel content.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
' Group N systems are really loud, the Colins 2.5 is 6db louder than there 3 '

GRP N exhausts are only load when the ALS is switched on, otherwise fairly quite

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
I¡d bet money that the 2.5 diameter was chosen by Ralliart/Mitsubishi development engineers to maximise torque for Group A/N Rally regulations. 3 and bigger will be better for maximum power. Rally regs restrict hp to 300 so torque maximisation is paramount.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Bulldog that is seriosly big man, not for the faint hearted
So made the system and what are your thoughts

Sid

·
Registered
437 Posts
My thoughts on he system? - It fullfills my requirements - which were more torque, more noise and looks - 7.5" Diameter BTW!!!

After this the next step is the down pipe. After that I'm open to opinions. I would like to run a healthy and stable 330-350 BHP - What would I need? From my understanding:

ECU Remap
Fuel pump
Bit extra boost
Poss. boost controller

Is this right? I would appriciate it if someone could take the time out and tell me specificly what I would need to achive 330-350BHP.

Cheers!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts