Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain the differences between the above two groups for the rally championship.

I know that Group A means you have to use the original shell or original layout???

Regards
IanF

P.S. Comparison to Group N would be nice as well, if poss. Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re:Group Ameone explain differences

Ian,
Group N , apart from safety item's like a roll cage the car must b as produced , so engine , trans , suspension and brakes can't b touched.
Good 2 start with something like an e|EQU|Evo then.

Group A , a quantity of the car must b produced and available 2 the public (homologation) and gr8r freedom with engine , suspension , trans and brakes etc. Power limited by an FIA restrictor in the turbo.

WRC , no homologation required so car can b purpose built but must b based on a production car , much gr8r freedom with engine , trans , suspension and brakes. Power still limited with the FIA restrictor.

Remember that b4 the WRC Evo 7 , Evo's were Group A competing against alot of WRC cars so their sucess is even more significant ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is my understanding that the last E6 grp a cars didn't strictly comply with grp a. Mitsubishi were given special dispensation to effectively put on WRC suspensionand if you see one of the later cars, you will notice that the front wheels are as far forward as the arches will allow and the rears as far back as possible. I think there were 1 or 2 other things allowed as well. In return for that dispensation, Mitsubishi had to agree touse the WRC car by a certain time, which is why they were forced to switch cars mid season.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re:Group A vs WRC

GrN in France have different brake pads, exhaust, Ralliart Panel filter, Motec M48, roll cage, fire extinguisher and nothing except 2 seats and instruments in them. Weight is 1250 kg. Oh, and they have a 32mm restrictor in the turbo inlet, make 265 bhp and 530 Nm of torque. OEM wheels with slicks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts