Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice new suspension set up on my car which has lowered it to just the right level. Unfortunalty due to the long wheel base of the car it is grounding alot.
Had a nasty grounding incident at the weekend, grounded it causing the hollow box tube under the drivers side which supports the foor plan to become slighty squashed at the front end of the car. The box now sits in by around 1 cm than it did before and has affected the underseal.
My question is should I get it replaced becuase its affected the integrity of the car chassis, can it be replaced!!! Going to take it to the garage to be looked at, just dont what to be take to the cleaners by them cause im unsure what to do.
Cheers
Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a full Whiteline kit which I got imported from Australia. It included springs, Shocks(koni), anti-role bar and bushes with an anti-lift kit. I also got front and rear struts for £600 including getting them shipped over here.
The car dosnt sit a lot lower but just enough for the rear tyres to slighty fill the arches. The handling is amazing, no more oversteer, alot better than OE and it not too hard either. Very stable on the motorway, just waiting to get on the track.
Cheers
Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
I assume you're talking about the chassis rails running down each side of the floorpan?.
Well if it's just dented and not bent i'd just leave them alone, mine has a few dents here and there too but as long as it hasn't shifted anything or pushed the floor up it no cause for concern. Buy a can of underseal and treat the affected area to prevent rust.
Regards,
Paul.C

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Paul, didnt know what to call them. Luckly it hasnt pushed up the floor but the damage is about a foot long, a long the rail, carnt see any bending of the chassis and the chassis rails havent bent to oneside either. Still drives OK so may just put it down to experince and make sure I check where im going in the future.
Cheers
Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, just cover it with underseal. It will be fine. All cars which are transported by container are packed via forklift, and they usually get similar damage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree,
due to muppets not giving a Sh* and amp;% when shipping the cars they get damaged a lot.
My floor was raised by about a 2cm along the passenger side.
Seats out |PLS| large lump hammer|EQU|floor back to normal!!!!
Bent the rail back into place and undersealed.

Job well done!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah it was for everything, however i just got a bill from DHL for import tax for £140. That £600 included the struts and the cost of frieght.
Extremely good kit, cars a bit lower, but looks well hard, just need to get 16/17inchs.
Cheers
Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Al,
Sounds like it,s only minor damage , but if u want to shoot up to Brum we can put the car up on my two post lift to closely examine it and if ok u can clean it up and re-seal the paint and apply some stonechip resistant underseal , I keep grey in stock.
Let me know .

Gary.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers Gary,
That would be really helpful cause i havent been able to have a proper look yet.
By the way got the overboost problem sorted and the car is back to its normal self, the HKS dump is once again scaring old ladies and young childen, buy of the year.
Have to sort out when we can meet up.
Cheers
AL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts