Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just been looking at insurance and iv been asked several times if it is a import/grey import.

what the hell is the difference, one insurance company i went to brought the car up as a mitsubushi lancer evo v grey import? im guessing its not refering to the colour of the car as the cars silver i think (unless i have gone colour blind :blah: )

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Evo v will be a "grey import"

Just means the car wasn't sold domestically or officially imported, but was a private import to the country, ie. it was sold in Japan first and driven there before being bought and shipped to UK.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
A grey import is when a car is imported from somewhere like Japan.

All evo 5's are grey imports as they were never officially sold through mitsi uk

The first evo sold through mitsi uk was the 6 :smthumbup

Just to add, an evo that is officially imported is referred to as a ralliart and should have a numbered plaque near the gearstick

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Evo v will be a "grey import"

Just means the car wasn't sold domestically or officially imported, but was a private import to the country, ie. it was sold in Japan first and driven there before being bought and shipped to UK.
A grey import is when a car is imported from somewhere like Japan.

All evo 5's are grey imports as they were never officially sold through mitsi uk

The first evo sold through mitsi uk was the 6 :smthumbup

Just to add, an evo that is officially imported is referred to as a ralliart and should have a numbered plaque near the gearstick
oh right, okay i see. i was worried it meant it was damaged or something.

so, whats officially imported. mines come in through a import company so should i expect to see a plaque?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Anything before an evo 6 will be a grey import, Mitsubishi never officially imported them into the UK, so they have all come over privately.

The evo 6 was the first evo to be marketed by Mitsubishi UK, and comes with a ralliart sticker by the gearstick, it is still an import, but an official one, all other evos since then have been the same I think!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
No you won't see a plaque, officially imported is when sold through mitsi. If any other import company sells a car it is classed as a grey import.

And yes it should only be run on the likes of shell vpower, or tesco 99 unless mapped on a lower octane. Before you ask, a newly imported car won't be mapped to a lower octane :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts