Lancer Register Forum banner
121 - 140 of 160 Posts

· Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 · (Edited)
I had a good look round one of these the other day and had a good chat with Clive about them. We went through some tech specs, very impressive.

Fantastic bit of kit, a proper top spec box. Great choice mate ;)
Thanks it was probably this same box I got it today. Yes all sounds and looks great even compared to the 5 speed gears the Albins billet gears look impressive :coolsm:

· Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
When are you planning to continue this build?
I'm still collecting parts and also want to get the engine bay painted I wasn't going to bother before but have changed my mind. I'm not going to rush I want it done right the first time. ND are 4 months booked in advance at the moment so probably won't be in for 6-8 months. The weather is getting better so I might get the car out it hasn't moved in months! :smthumbup

· Zero Fighter
12,943 Posts
My new gearbox has arrived! It's one of Clive's top spec 6 speed boxes with Albins billet 3rd 4th and 5th gears.

It has many new and latest design parts all shot peened and super finished.

Also it comes with a cooling duct to help keep the oil cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought Clive didn't do 6 speed boxes!

· Zero Fighter
12,943 Posts
Does now :smthumbup
He does now he has improved on all the weaknesses of the box with billet gears and all his other little tricks!
That's brilliant news. I know it may not be a direct comparison but are his 6 speed boxes just as strong as 5 speed? He's done brilliant job on my brothers old 9 gt.

· Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
That's brilliant news. I know it may not be a direct comparison but are his 6 speed boxes just as strong as 5 speed? He's done brilliant job on my brothers old 9 gt.
It should be very strong when you look at the size of the teeth on the gears you can see. He has got a car running 650hp used on track and road no problems :smthumbup

· Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
So I got the car out of hibernation a couple of weeks ago she started first time and has been running spot on! I had forgotten how quick 400hp is especially on country roads and have even thought to myself do I really need another 200+hp!

More money spent with Mr Norris V4 dry sump kit. I decided to go with the dry sump as I will use the car on track from time to time I don't want to risk damage to my VERY expensive engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

121 - 140 of 160 Posts