Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a quick message to say goodbye.
My Evo is still for sale (I haven’t pushed the sale at the moment for my own reasons) but it will be gone before the end of October one way or another. The Evo has been both the best car and the worst car I have ever owned however I am not going to rant on about all the things that are wrong with the Evo’s as a whole (not just mine) because I know it will fall on deaf ears. Over the past 3 or 4 months I have realised I have lost complete confidence and now interest in Evo’s. It has also got to a point where I no longer read or reply to many of the messages on here due to various reasons and that is not really ideal for a moderator! I will probably be posting a few more messages in the parts for sale section and I have a few more things to finish off for the club (FAQ's etc.) but I expect this will be my last general posting on the forum.
Anyway I would like to say goodbye and thanks to everyone who has given me advice and offered help over the past year.
I would also like to say that the MLR has been the best car club I have had the fortune of joining and it is a credit to all the team involved. I know there is only a very small team in the background that runs the club and it is amazing the amount of effort they have put into it. Any help that MLR members can give the team would be appreciated whether it be something as simple as writing a short article for the club magazine or to help out with the organisation of events (or even moderating!). Remember this club’s success depends on the members’ support as its run on a voluntary basis.
I hope 2002 will be even more successful for the MLR than this year (I think it will be, you should see the things that are planned ;)).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good luck in the future - it's been fun/informative having you around :)

I'll be following you out the door shortly, having reached the same conclusions as you about the Evo. The only reason I've still got it is that I've been made redundant from December but theres' a possibility of relocating to the US - if not for that, I'd have sold it already, as I am utterly fed up with the incessant brake problems. In retrospect, I should have bought the BMW 330Ci I was looking at, and not taken the £12k depreciation hit in twelve months, but you live and amp; learn... No way will I even consider going near another Mitsubishi at any point in the future - my Ford Fiesta Popular Plus was much less aggravation!

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
H,
Glad 2 have met u here m8 , yr contributions 2 the forum have been very enjoyable , I probably speak 4 every1 when saying u will b missed from here.
We wud appreciate u keeping us posted on yr choice of replacement for the Evo , and letting us know how it goes , make sure u come 2 the odd club event 2.
Hope yr new motor meets yr expectations , wishing u the very best 4 the future :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure you won't be leaving this board for good... you won't resist to come and have a look every now and then.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Colin,
I think I can speak for many on here by saying that you will be missed, especially for your technical input into most things in the Evo world.
Sad to see that you've lost interest in the Evo and I'm sure if I had had similar bad experiences I don't think I could have lasted as long as you did.
However, I'll let you know if I ever get the BOV / secondary air system setup like we decided a short while ago and see if it can be used as part of a true anti-lag setup.

I hope that you have fun with whatever your next car is and I hope that it'll be a bit more reliable than your Evo was....

Andy

P.S. You never know, you might find your way back into the world of Evo's when you realise that nothing else quite compares :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Colin

You'll be sorely missed from this forum. Thanks for all the help and advice you've given. It's a shame you're not moving on for more positive reasons, but I know where you are coming from.

Let us know what you get next and whatever it is I hope you keep it as well polished! http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/embarassed1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Thanks again,

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheerio Colin (nee HH6, nee Hornet), been a real pleasure.

One thing though, who is going to be the default knowledge man around these parts now? :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Colin .

Sorry to here that you are packing it all in and joining the realms of the Evo onlookers.Sorry we had never met ,but if you get another car thats suitable for a track bring it along to an event.I 'll watch out for the nissan primera with an Ironing board attatched to the rear.
As previous posts have said 'good luck with what ever you decide to get ,and its a shame that the trouble you have had with the car .'
It all has to come to end some day .Happy motoring !
I will lease a car next time around and thrash the ****** off it and let some other **** pay the repair bills.
it doesn't take long to trash the engine of a vectra if you abuse it like an Evo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey,

Did I miss something?

After my second Evo 6 (I've sold my Makinen and bought an R34) I have to say I've cherished and enjoyed every moment I've spent in these cars. Although the brakes have given me grief in the past, I can't say I've been dissapointed at all with these cars. In fact, they're one of the most reliable cars I've owned.

I miss the car already, in fact. There is no way I can throw a Skyline about in the same manner as an Evo. They are also much more accessible when tuning is concerned, when considering price, that is.

Regardless, well done for the contributions you have made to both the club and the forum and its users. No doubt I will speak to you over ICQ. I would be very interested, however, to hear why you have decided to take this way out.

Cheers,

Cem

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HH6,
Any chance of putting all your wisdom on disc and sending it over??:D.
Keep in touch via ICQ;)

Regards,
Paul.C

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Colin

What a shame that your experience of Evo ownership was so tainted :(

Hopefully, whatever you replace it with will fulfill all your expectations :)

Thanks for your many contributions and let us know how you get on with the new car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The proper quattro is still for sale on the owners site !!!!!!!!
Id bend over backwards if neccesary for a ride if you buy it !
cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Colin,
very sad to hear that.Your input into the forum /club has been brilliant.you had some bad luck with the Evo i just hope that you enjoy your new car and stay intouch with the club in some way. BTW if you get an integrale let me know coz i've always wanted one.
I have had a fair few problems with my evo too but luv it 2 much to let it go.
Cheers for everything you will be sorely missed by all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Colin,

Your encyclopaedic knowledge of all things Evo and sense of humour and amp; fair play will be missed. I've already tried to talk you out of leaving the Evo world as I think you've just been unlucky with your car and you should not have listened to me at the last R/R day if you were looking for a motor that was really reliable. http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

All the best, but I think you may be back in a year or two....In the meantime your 'Evo in the woods' photo will continue to be my screensaver on my work laptop.

Regards,
Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A real shame - you were you a great moderator, and great contributor.

Now who will take HH6's technical place? Any offers? Evoboy??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So finally you took the decision to leave the EVO. This is a great loss for this board and I just wanted to say thanks for your sound contributions. Hope you'll have more luck with your next car. I can fully understand your frustration about your EVO.
Hope we can keep in touch via ICQ.

See ya

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Colin/HH6,

Sad to see you go. Even though I'm new to this forum, I can easily say that you have been very helpful and your technical input has been superb. Good luck though with your future machine.

Yeah, somebody need to assume the burden of being the Guru now!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts