Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Just joined as I'm looking to buy an evo 6 after a love affair with all things VW is ending in a messy divorce, have been looking for a while now and have gone for evo over scooby.
Have been offered a 39k Uk evo 6 thats standard exept dodgy alloys, was 3rd car in rich blokes garage with all receipts,stamps etc. finished in white and really clean for £13500 after haggling.
What are your thoughts?? ;)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Sounds a good price if its in top condition. :)

What rallye did you have? I had a G60 before my VI, go to the no-rice events at all?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, was the tornado red one with 17'' bbs on...had to move from ladymead retail toM3 services to get rid off nova/baseball cap wearing posse.....It blew up the abs @£600 cv joints and diffs every few months, 120 miles to a tank and is currently in having a new slave clutch cylinder fitted. Has come to the limits of its tuning ability so time to move on me thinks?
Reckon that £13500 is top whack then??

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Prices are a bit of a nomans land at the moment. They dropped alot over winter but spring/summer usually sees things come back up.

Id say 13-15 is fair for a good clean 6 at the mo.

Read the buyers guide (find it on the site homepage) its got everything you need to know.

Who used to do your Rallye? PSD? DD?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah,Neil Wood of volks speed used to then Darren at G-werks/ pitstop...he knows his stuff doesnt he!?
Not sure about white but think it pulls off the colour well, will have to get some dark volk style alloys to properly finish it off if I take the plunge! :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
or right lads

ah some one else in the woking area, that knows neil woods talking of him do u no where he is now ,i used to no him v-well but lost contact awhile back ? is he still working on vw dubs over alton way ? :)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
lol Neil packed up business along time ago. I used to buy parts off him when I first got the car. There were some highly dodgy stories that I wont repeat, some angry customers and court battles too IIRC?

Darren is a top bloke! Slightly suspect, but a top bloke lol Not forgetting the infamous beavis....

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Ha, remember when they serviced it, fitted big injectors, ported the head and charger, new fuel pump, belts etc etc for £900 and let me drive off with out knowing me from Adam as they had no credit card facilities at the time and trusted me to put a cheque in the post!! Which I did by the way.....

·
Registered
360 Posts
lol

fair one , neil still owes my mate some cash actually im sure will catch up with him soon, as inters is next month and am going up to get some parts for my project car (an old mk1).

o yeh cheers for the help with the clutch the other day spoke to rich at RG but he was all booked up a the mo but managed to get it in at Stevehill motor sport up oxford way on friday , just woundered if any one had work done by them before? :coolsm:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Is inters at bentwaters again this year? I camped last year and it was a nightmare! 2 days of cleaning the car and it was covered in mud within 2 mins of being on the camp site!

this was my g60 as it ended up....

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
perhaps we should organise some 'mini-meets' in the area ?

one initial place could perhaps be the 'Bird in the Hand' pub, Mayford , just outside Woking
...only as the publicans own stickered-up Evo's... an e6 Mak & e7

·
Registered
360 Posts
no way!!

dave did u get that car with a g60 engine in ? not sur where it is yet mate looking into it now..

yeah was in the bird in hand the other day and was chatting to the owner hes top bloke, sounds good let me no when ...

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Well buggar me its a small world!

I bought it off the **** Steve sold it to, Ross.

I took it to inters the first year I had it (2003 I think?). The story goes I was sat in the car bored (as you are after 4 hours) and some bloke walks up and just lifts the bonnet and starts having a look round. I was feeling lazy so left him to it, then next thing he is like "so how much did you pay for it then mate?"
Now Ive taken a bit of an exception at this point and got out to tell him to go and **** off!
Cut a long story short.... He turns round and says "This used to be my old car" and it was actually Steve himself lol.

He saw it at the last guildford NR that I went to and seemed to like the changes id made!

Its running about 230-240hp now with the new owner!

·
Registered
360 Posts
it is a small world

i remember that because i was with him so i guess must have met you, yeah Ross [email protected]#;ed it right up if i remember rightly he smacked it into a curb not long after steve sold it to him so came back to get it repaired as steve is in the trade, where is ti now local or not :coolsm:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sweet car Dave, first thing i had to do was sort the charger....would post a pic of mine but am not allowed!
Would definitely like someone who knows what they're on about to do a viewing with me, cars only local so might meet up for a beer before anyway as am in that pub quite a bit and always drool over the evo's parked up so a meet is a great plan ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts