Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to gather a rounded opinion here so anybody with experience please reply. What Dumpvalves are good on an Evo 6 and do Atmosperic valves cause idle probs as rumours suggest. Blitz any good?? Which is loudest??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This one is VTA with no or very rare idle stability problems.

It is pretty loud coupled with a Blitz filter, but the Forge recirc was at least as loud.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the forge vta...£140. excelent quality..good noise..not as loud as some. no idle problems whatsoever. dead easy to fit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the HKS SQV valve, and I am very happy with it.. this to is also very loud... little harder to install than the forge, but, still easy! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Djack,

is that smilie for me..cause i know a secret!!!!:Dwhy don't you flog purple your spare forge? (if you still have it) I know he wont be disappointed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Purple
I fitted a Spec-r dump valve to my 6 with no idle problems at all. Sounded great as it chattered away under light gear changes but was like a tornado on the high rev gear changes. Coupled with a HKS Racing suction kit the sound track was just fantastic. Regards, SIMON.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you gentlemen.

I have gone for a Bailey fitting kit in the end and I am gonna try it with a Bailey DV26 I have from my other car. If that doesn't work I will have to try a forge, spec-r, hks, or bllitz. I thought I would try this because I heard that some of the evo's react well to the atmospheric d.v and some don't. Apparently a company called 'Impossible Performance' do an australian dump valve that makes a hell of a noise anybody tried one?

If any of you ever want bits for your cars give me a buzz at work and I can sort you out a nice price. Blitz stuff and pretty much every make related to performance tuning.

Thanks for the advice it's much appreciated.

Jon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would have to agree with you. I just tryed the bailey and it's ****.

Loud noise is nice but coming on and off low throttle it is very jerky. After coming on boost and depressing the clutch to let the revs drop it drops down to about 500rpm and then picks up again.I also reckon that it leaks air on boost and seems to have lost mid range turbo build up.

I shall be putting the re-circ back on tonight.

My efforts have been fruitless.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Purple

you said the Blitz looks messy. I took the picture from a 30cm distance, so it is not very good. I suggest you try that BOV and make up your mind. A friend who tried it ordered it immediately.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.