Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've an E6 GSR and after a slight falling out with an East Coast Main Dealerhttp://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/sad1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >, I am looking for a recommended dealer or tuning house to look after my car. I'll probably be taking it to Falkland in Glenrothes, but I just wanted to know if there were any other options.

My car is an import so main dealerships don't come high on my list of priorities.Especially now.

Thanks...John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Scottish what was the falling out over ?

I have a Ralliart E6 GSR and I get it serviced in Aberdeen, my friend has an import and also gets it serviced there. When I bought the car from the dealer I would have to say that he did tell me that they were not too keen on servicing the imports, but my friend said that his service was fine.

I guess time will tell

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Over torqued my wheel nuts, causing them to bust on removal. Their policy is to torque these up, but to what setting is the question. Anyway, one debate later and I was given replacement studs, F.O.C. whooopppeeeee..... No sign of actually repairing the problem they caused.

The problem is not what they done, but the way it was dealt with. Pure shabby attitude, total hand in the air saying It wisnae us....our policy is......blah, blah, blah....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i had the same problem when i had speakers put into my pug 206 they broke the speakers then blamed me for messing with them . some people don't deserve to have some money put there way do they.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah that is a pain in the arse, why do they do that. I mean if you get a flat tyre, how many gorillas do you need to jump up and down on the wrench. They don't need to torque them up that much, its not as though the bolts are going to shake themselves loose and you lose a wheel. I guess it boils down to laziness, they could use the gun and then tighten them by hand. Oh well hope you have better luck next time

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scottish / Mad ...

Fit-like loons ?

... aye, I'd be nae too happy if that happened to me !

I haven't needed a service since Anderson's went tits-up but I'm booked into Station Garage for my 9000 miler on Thursday (08/03/01) - I'll give you an account of how they perform afterwards.

I've asked about them on the EVO mailing list ... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evo ... and had at least one good report (you can search the message archives if you want).

Also, being a tuechter, I have the mandatory Daihatsu Fourtrak so I ken them fae Torphins - and they've always been pretty straight oot the road (but nae cheap !).

When I had Impreza's I hated Anderson's so much I used to go to Kenneth Melville (SP?) at Eroll (SP?) but I haven't really thought about the options yet for the E6.

I often wonder about the real value of going to an official franchise for service but there aren't actually many viable other choices in or very close to the granite city.

Anyway, 'Scottish', I don't know where you are or who you've fallen out with but there must be plenty of alternatives; Inversneeze, Scumdee, Embura ? ? ? http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Cheers,

Eric

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eric I know exactly where your coming from about Andersons, they were ****. When my gilrfriends father bought the first ever imprezza, he got it from them, a year later he went back to them to buy one for his wife. They p1ssed him off so much he bought a WR from errol, then he bought a Terzo for his son, then he traded his in for a P1 and finally he bought my girlfriend her W reg turbo.

Errol were very good, apart from not having a clue as to modifying scoobs they always service the cars very well. I on the other hand went to Town and County, I thought new dealer new image perhaps better service. When I spoke to the salesman, I knew more about the cars than they did. He tried panning all sorts of cars at me, their Prodrive demonstrator, a P1, new WRX which after driving I thought what a piece of crap. So I ended up buying my E6 GSR from Staion Garage, I know the General Manager very well so hopefully that will help ?

Anyway on a final I got a phone call from Town and County about a week ago saying they hadn't heard from me in a while, there was a good reason for that, the purchase of my E6. When I told him, I heard his jaw hit the deck over the phone. He then came out with the most ridiculous comment I have ever heard, he said he was just about to offer me a great deal on a McRae. I mean ffs those cars are about 6 years old, so I told him where to go and hung up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My best one with Andersons went like this :

1) I book the car in for service and tell them that one of the front fogs is smashed and it'll need a new lens. I state that this is in case it has to be ordered in advance of the service. The lassie says 'thats ok, just bring it in'.

2) I take the car in for the service and reiterate the smashed fog business to the lassie on the desk. I mention that I'd let them know about this when I booked the car in. She writes something down in her book.

3) Later in the afternoon, some numptie phones me and tells me that the service is finished but they've noticed that on of the fogs is smashed and do I want them to order a new lens ? I gasp but think that actually, there's no point in argueing because they're all clearly brain dead.

4) They also tell me the front brake pads have about 20% left and do I want them to order new pads ? I tell them to just change the pads. Not possible, they'll have to order them and it'll take a few days and I'll have to bring the car back in. Hold on though, you're the main Subaru dealer in the NE, surely you keep feckin brake pads in stock ? - but alas no ...

... and so it goes on ...

... and three years later, the entire group is bankrupt ...

Hmmm !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A friend worked for various bits of Andersons a few years ago and said they were the biggest bunch of crooks out - and that was before he left with them owing him nearly £1000 in expenses. I assume he'll never see that now.

Who is the Mits dealer in Aberdeen?

As for the original post, I bought my car from Greersport and although I've had a couple of wee problems (related to an ex-employee) I've never had any bother with Bill. Indeed, he's sometime gone out of his way (quite literally) to help me get my car fixed/serviced.

On a side note, I phoned my local Mits dealer (Clarkston Motors) today and they couldn't have been more helpful. Managed to get me a price and availability on rear pads immediately. The only thing was the price: 80feckin' quid!

He did say that was for OEM parts, and that they couldn't cross reference Jap parts with UK ones which could be cheaper - I sense a CCC ripoff here. He did say that if I brought a pad in he would see if any stock parts would fit. He says that they know know of quite a few parts that are interchagable in this way, even though they're not noted as such on the parts database.

I've seen EBCs for £27 - thats more like it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I remember when Anderson's went belly up, haven't laughed so much in my life. There were loads of people that were panicking about loosing their P1's that they had put a deposit down on. If they got their P1's bet they wish they had lost the deposit and had to go for something around the same price that was better,hmm let me think what that would be

1 - 12 of 12 Posts