Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sounds like a pretty good deal to me but just wondering what others opinions are?
Found a 04 MR FQ320 Uk car with only alittle over 3000 miles on the clock, the car is approx 10 months old and is supposed to be mint as you'd expect
Owners wants £21k
Only thing that bothers me slightly is he had the 1000 miles service done in August but hasn't had the next service done yet which would have been due in Feb (6 months) I presume? so the service is slightly out of date, so would the service being late but but not over the specified miles cause any problems with the warranty?

·
OAP
1,832 Posts
Dealer told me you have 3 weeks leeway with the 6 months service interval. If that's true the warranty will be void - maybe that's why its £21k?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just an indication re the price though... Mine is an 04 with 7,000 miles, full MSH, two years warranty and all services done ahead of the 4,500 interval mentioned above - paid £21,750.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
theres a 1 month tolerance, and a 1000 mile tolerance.

My 1000 mile service was slightly late on time ok on miles. I wrote to Colt cars they said ok on the first service, but the 4500/9000 miles services being late on time or miles would invalidate the warranty.

You could always get a copy of the service book and write to colt asking if ok and make an offer on that basis, presuming colt will be ok about it but get it in writting!!

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
PS the first 4500 mile service should be done 6 months after the the date the car was first sold not the date of the 1000 miles service.

So the car is 4 months late for its 4500/6 month service!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts