Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently fitted this unit to my DC5:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OB90SOY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've had units costing over £600 before and in terms of usability and features, this beats them. Sound quality is pretty decent as well.

I have it working with GPS for Google maps, handsfree and Bluetooth music. You can also get a DAB antenna for it, reversing camera etc.

Because it runs full blown Android, you get access to the Play store so you can download whatever apps you feel like, sat nav, Spotify etc.

Of course you need data for most features but that's true of any high end double DIN. There's plenty of apps for navigation in Play store that work offline, and one is built into the unit though I've not tried it.

The screen is fantastic, once booted the unit is responsive and quick. No real complains and for £209 I'm over the moon.

·
Formerly known as DazK-IV
2,120 Posts
I've been thinking of something very similar for my IX recently. Any chance of being able to post pictures of it installed in your car so that I can see how it looks (OK, I know that you haven't put it in the Evo ...) please?

Have you tried the smartphone mirror link yet? It is this part that I'm interested in mostly as I can them run my TomTom or Google Maps through my phone and view it on the unit.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate. Not the best pic. I need to refit it to sort the surround out.

Can't comment on the mirror link as I have an iPhone.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a pioneer unit before with apple car play, it was not as good as this one. I never managed to get Bluetooth music working for example. It was the Avic F70DAB.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Couldn't comment I'm afraid, my Pioneer ran through an external class d amplifier and ran Audison Voce K6 reference speakers. Current unit is plugged directly into the cars loom on OEM speakers.

That said the sound is quite good.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thinking of doing this with a windows tablet. Have a DV8P with Evoscan installed and it works perfectly. There is a thread in here on an Android install with a link to XDA and its a great install.

Anyone done this with a windows tablet?

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I might actually look into installing Harry's lap timer on mine.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For £209 you can't complain really mate, just get yourself one ordered from Amazon and see how you get on. They do a pretty quibble free money back scheme if you don't get on with it.

Even if you offered me an F70 DAB for swaps I'd say no!

·
Formerly known as DazK-IV
2,120 Posts
I was considering the 10.1" one at first but it doesn't sit flush. Will probably go for one the same or similar to what you have, maybe with the reverse camera as well

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The camera itself is extra, but you get the cabling with the unit I believe. I'm going to order a DAB antenna for mine come to think of it.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
I have an old (about 4 years) Eonon (similar cheap chinese) HU in my IX. It works well and does what I need. It's a bit buggy being windows CE.

I am looking out for a newer Android version like the pumpkin but I'm holding out for one that supports Android OTG (USB) so I can plug in my Evoscan 1.3 cable and get boost and other reading via Torque (or similar) app.

I don't want bluetooth/wifi ODB connection as it's too laggy for boost readings.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts