Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recieved my car back today from local garage, got 3 inch turbo elbow with screamer pipe installed, along with 3 inch downpipe and 3 inch decat and car is running sweet now! Spooling is amazing, sounding like a monster with the screamer pipe but as you've probably already assumed, yes, boost creep is a b*tch with this setup :( Going from 1.0 bar to 1.37 bar most times :confused: Even went as high as 1.50 bar (was my motor supposed to survive up to this level without any knock? :confused: ) and didn't notice it, so this is bad! Could you please give me details on porting the wastegate (how to) and where to get a bigger flapper?? Probably some U.S. connections instead of U.K.?? Thanks!

JDMEK

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Leon,
Be Carefull as anything above 1.1bar will break the stock e3 pistons!....Slowboy do new 34mm flappers for you - http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=108& then all you need is to pull turbo apart and port the hole out somemore and fit new flap, dont go too thin on the wall of the housing ( see pic below ) i probably took it a little thin which can cause cracking, although mine did 15k before i put new turbo on and it was fine :). The 20g is a lot smaller hole than what i did to stock turbo,but has been ported on the gas entry side more and holds stock boost no troubles... which everyone said it wouldnt :). Your other option is a Monster Housing from Mach V (http://www.machv.com/motuho.html ) which will sort it as well...its all a matter of how much you want to spend!

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
724 Posts
JDMEvoKid said:
Just recieved my car back today from local garage, got 3 inch turbo elbow with screamer pipe installed, along with 3 inch downpipe and 3 inch decat and car is running sweet now! Spooling is amazing, sounding like a monster with the screamer pipe but as you've probably already assumed, yes, boost creep is a b*tch with this setup :( Going from 1.0 bar to 1.37 bar most times :confused: Even went as high as 1.50 bar (was my motor supposed to survive up to this level without any knock? :confused: ) and didn't notice it, so this is bad! Could you please give me details on porting the wastegate (how to) and where to get a bigger flapper?? Probably some U.S. connections instead of U.K.?? Thanks!

JDMEK
Hi mate where did you buy your exhaust system from. Or did you have it made on the car.

Cheers
Tim.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ian! Always a life saver ol' chap! :D Will phone up SlowBoy and tell them to add that to my order of forged parts then :cool: So just get the 34mm flapper and then I can just use a dremel and port the hole myself right? I can start the porting now on another Evo 3 exhaust housing I have and then just install the flapper when it comes and bolt up then? :D

Evo Nut: My exhaust was originally a Kakimoto 3 Inch cat back but I then got a local shop to do a 3 inch decat and 3 inch downpipe with flex and then I ordered the new 3 inch turbo outlet with screamer pipe from www.ssautochrome.com. Let me know if that helps.

P.S. Pet Beemer does anything exhaust wise for our cars. Even intercooler pipes as well now(some) he's the early evo steel man! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts