Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I must be bloody jinxed or something. If i dint have enough problems in my starlet - that i got pulled 5 times in 2 months of ownership for bulls**t reasons, today really shows me why I pay my taxes for the boys in blue to do such an outstanding job!

Driving between inverurie and aberdeen heading towards aberdeen, and get pulled for what appears to be no apparent reason as numerous enquiries are ignored as I am asked to sit in the back of the patrol car, I get concerned as I know i wasnt speeding??

So then the reasons for pulling me over - apparently I accelerated far too quickly away from one roundabout only to sit in the outside lane blocking other motorists from overtaking me, despite destroying them all, so how could I hold up a non-existent line of cars? I get lectured on how the outside lane is for overtaking only, only to explain I was happy to pull in had it not been for the mondeo estate I would have wiped out in the process!!
I was let on my way with a warning to drive more sensibly!! What in an evo, not my fault the things moves quicker than his wifes yugo !! Why are we all classed as boy racers??
CORRUPTION AND BULLYING TACTICS TO YOUNG GUYS WITH FAST MOTORS!! I AM FED UP TO THE HIGH HEAVENS!!!!!!!! :mad:

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,879 Posts
Good to see cops starting to pull over lane hoggers at last, I can't stand them. Maybe next they'll move onto people doing 40 in a 60.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a wee sunday drive, because the evo accelerates quicker than the 1.6 astra panda car that makes my acceleration too fast??? Rubbish!!

Thanks!!

Ha ha all good fun though!! :cool:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aidy said:
Good to see cops starting to pull over lane hoggers at last, I can't stand them. Maybe next they'll move onto people doing 40 in a 60.
Wasn't lane hogging though, overtaking, then pulled in! How can I pull in when the inside lane is full?

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
The "tactics" Police Officers use to try to intimidate people into behaving themselves amuse and infuriate me in equal measure, especially when you know that they are only fishing without any real proof that you've done anything.

From past experience I would avoid pointing out the absurdity of their arguments and statements and possibly the law they're prattling on about, as they'll only look at you blankly and then tell you it's the law.

If they do do this, whatever you do, don't reply "that's what the Nazi concentration guards said", as this will invariably result in a trip to the police station and/or a night in the cells, despite being a perfectly sensible argument.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LMAO!! AYe its true, picking an argument with the police will no doubt get you in hotter water even if your justified in your doubts that they pulled you for no decent reason!! :crackup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts