Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has recently reached the age of 5 and I wouldnt mind getting him into go karting as he does like that sort of thing but I'm unsure about his age.

Is 5 about the right age to get him into that sort of thing or should I wait until he is 7/8 or something - also if its a green light (no pun intended); can anyone recommend any tracks in the north of england and even perhaps karts? :)

Cheers!

Mark

·
Premium Member
23,183 Posts
I have looked into this a bit as my son would love to do it but I have found that height is an issue not age tho I do believe there is an age limit.

He is now 9 years old and due to the fact that he was prem at birth he is only just the right height.

8 - 13 yrs old minimum height 4'2"

More info here

Lee

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Start at cadet, mostly 7+years.
But have seen them a lot younger than this, both boys & girls.
Have a look at www.karting.co.uk for tracks, karts etc.
PF international, Grantham.
Three Sisters, Wigan.
Tockwith, Wetherby.

Regards
Marcus

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies all, definitely appreciated! Time to do some research. :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
You may think this is a stupid idea but have you ever considered getting wheels and pedals for a playstation or something similar.
I was at the autosport show a few years ago and some bloke was looking at driving simulators for his daughter, she was about 10 and supposedly was the best in her age at karting. He told me it was a cheap way for her to learn more about control... (a simulator not the karting).

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Forget the Kids get one yourself, most fun you can have without getting arrested, just sold my Pro-Kart, but i shall be getting another soon, i have a friend selling a mint 2 stroke kart with all the gear electric start alfarno clocks ect, around £1500 i will guarantee you it will frighten the life out of you, crazy power.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FoZzY said:
Forget the Kids get one yourself, most fun you can have without getting arrested, just sold my Pro-Kart, but i shall be getting another soon, i have a friend selling a mint 2 stroke kart with all the gear electric start alfarno clocks ect, around £1500 i will guarantee you it will frighten the life out of you, crazy power.
Might be an idea to get some practice in before I go stuttgart stylee. :D

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
Sir Marcus said:
Start at cadet, mostly 7+years.
But have seen them a lot younger than this, both boys & girls.
Have a look at www.karting.co.uk for tracks, karts etc.
PF international, Grantham.
Three Sisters, Wigan.
Tockwith, Wetherby.

Regards
Marcus
Ooh, Three Sisters is just up the road from me. Might have to go & investigate.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like go karting (in the NE at least) is off limits for a 5 year old so I may be looking at a MINI ATV - those look fun (*cough* for Dan of course) ;)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts