Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the first time Ive been for a good hard drive for about 60 odd miles.. Most of the way ive been adjusting the above controller to give me 1.5Bar.. Now ive fitted a brand new mitis Actuator,, and a good condition 10.5 single flapper hotside..All hoses are clamped well and dont seem to leak,,So went out to set Boost..

Now I set this up in 4th gear..reving to 6k and checking boost..I hit a nice 1.55 bar.. Duty is set to 52% and Gain to 4.. I was happy with this..

Now Pulling out of a Juction she hit 1.70Bar peak.which I was abit worried about.. Seems the peak keeps raising ever so often.. On another check it had touched 1.75peak.. so lowered the gain to stop over shoot..Now gain to 2....Just cant seem to get a a steady 1.5bar.. No matter what settings I try..

Seems I can get it to hold boost well in 4th / 5th at high RPM.. But lower gears its peaking way too high..So lower settings and messes the boost in 4th n 5th... Cant win,,:confused:

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
That happens with the AVC-R as well though, doesn't it?

My car seems to hit its target peak boost and hold the target hold boost well in low gears, but won't peak as high yet still hold target boost in higher gears.

This is how you'd want it to work - you don't want to be hitting target first gear peak boost when you put your foot down in fifth gear, do you? :confused:

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
That's how it's setup Rob:smthumbup You don't want a massive peak in the higher gears it puts more stress on the engine, it's ok in the lower gears, as not as much load is involved.

That happens with the AVC-R as well though, doesn't it?

My car seems to hit its target peak boost and hold the target hold boost well in low gears, but won't peak as high yet still hold target boost in higher gears.

This is how you'd want it to work - you don't want to be hitting target first gear peak boost when you put your foot down in fifth gear, do you? :confused:

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems to have setted ok now..So not going to touch it again.. seems to take awhile to learn a setting so it seems.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I got mine plumbed in and a quick set up done on Saturday. I have the duty set to 45 and the gain at 61 and it does hold boost very well. I was aiming for 1.3bar as the car is on the stock map but, it's currently stable at around 1.21bar. A little more time is needed but, I'm pretty confident it will work as well as my previous AVCR.
I found running it in open loop mode was best at the minute and very small adjustments can make a big difference to the way it responds. The gain control for example; I initially had it set to 65 and the boost level jumped around quite a lot (-+ 0.10 bar). With it set to 60, that fluctuation was down to -+ 0.02 bar (in 5th) With the gain set to high, you could really feel the MS-IBC 'playing' with the duty level too
Overall, it's quite a good controller but, I wouldn't buy another. Simply because it doesn't display vacuum, only positive pressure...

Paul

·
Gizzmo Distributor
8,573 Posts
Paul,
Your gain is way too high. Should never be higher than boost level, and ideally should be lower than 10.
Also, if you knock gain back, and plonk it in Closed loop it will learn very fast - much faster than an AVC-R in fact.

Re. Vacuum... If that's the only reason you wouldn't buy another, then don't buy another just yet ;-)
There's things in the pipeline and vacuum reading is one thing that should be in later revisions.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Grant,

Much appreciated. I'll have another fiddle at the weekend (the next time I'll get to drive the car :cry: ).

That's typical about a revised version being released... I don't suppose you do part ex do you? :mhihi:

The unit as it is though, suits me perfectly. I would recommend the current one and not having the vacuum reading is a mere minor disapointment for me. :smthumbup

Paul

P.s. E5_DCB sorry for the thread hijack mate. :angel:
Paul,
Your gain is way too high. Should never be higher than boost level, and ideally should be lower than 10.
Also, if you knock gain back, and plonk it in Closed loop it will learn very fast - much faster than an AVC-R in fact.

Re. Vacuum... If that's the only reason you wouldn't buy another, then don't buy another just yet ;-)
There's things in the pipeline and vacuum reading is one thing that should be in later revisions.

·
Gizzmo Distributor
8,573 Posts
Hi
I am a bit in the dark about timescales of the new range as things have fallen behind a little on samples and testing over in Australia.
As soon as we know, this forum will be the first to find out...

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats ok youngsyp. mental gain 61% lol think mines now on 5% Gain and 52%duty.. Seems to be working spot on now.. Just have to get the balance right.
But its hitting 1.5 bar and seems to be holding it fine.. Will post a r/r run on sat if all goes well.with boost..

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Glad you got it sorted mate.

I'm very impressed with the results from mine considering I only spent 5 mins adjusting it and I cocked up the gain settin... :blush:

Look forward to seeing your dyno results.

Paul
Thats ok youngsyp. mental gain 61% lol think mines now on 5% Gain and 52%duty.. Seems to be working spot on now.. Just have to get the balance right.
But its hitting 1.5 bar and seems to be holding it fine.. Will post a r/r run on sat if all goes well.with boost..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts