Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know I've being doing some work to my 6 RS since the start of the year, I had initially planned to have it finished by now but I keep moving the goal posts as I'm sure anyone doing this kind of work has also done :lol: she was a pretty clean car beforehand since never experiencing a UK winter or being used in the wet but I thought it was time for a clean up :D

Here's some pics of my progress so far :smthumbup

A few pics mid strip down

Bit of a clean up now (worst job ever):wallbang:

All masked up and ready for the next day :smthumbup

Rust bullet sprayed on in accordance with guide lines and correct waiting times

Next was to fill in underbody seems and coat wheel arches with graviguard, then it was time for paint :coolsm:

I went away on holiday for a couple of weeks after painting so it could harden off, plus I could relax more knowing the painting was all done and I was finally making progress :D

Once I had got home it was back to the grind in preparing parts for refitting etc, everything that could be powder coated or painted was and the rest was cleaned to within an inch of its life :mhihi:

Started getting a few parts back on last week, was a great feeling bolting parts back on instead of removing them :D

Got a nice set of low mileage Billy's so a refurb for them was needed before fitting :coolsm:

All pipes rubbed down, primed, painted and lacquered with all new clips etc

Engine bay looking quite tidy now, just need to tidy up wiring before engine install

Rear end almost finished

And that's about as far as I've got just now, hopfully get the tank back this week so I can get that fitted and the diff in place. Then ill be sorting the wiring out and refitting the engine/box.

Thanks for looks and your comments are welcome :smthumbup
Ill update as I get more done :D

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Top work whatever you do don't stop for long as its easy to lose momentum once you do! I did on a project like that and it's sat in the barn unfinished for years :lol:

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ill keep the updates coming when I get more done.
Don't worry it will defo get finished :D
As for doing an other one, I don't think it's something I'd do again purely for the hundreds of hours I've needed to put into it and the hundreds more I still need to do. I certainly wouldn't want to pay someone to do it anyway lol.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
About time you did this thread on old betsy lol

Think this could turn into a evogeof thread with the pics

This car when finished will defo give nigel s car a run for its money on the clean stakes

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
Ill keep the updates coming when I get more done.
Don't worry it will defo get finished :D
As for doing an other one, I don't think it's something I'd do again purely for the hundreds of hours I've needed to put into it and the hundreds more I still need to do. I certainly wouldn't want to pay someone to do it anyway lol.
Bet rach cant wait till you get it done to

Till you Get the car parts out the lounge, the bonet off the spare bed and bin all the mad scientists chemicals you ve got for plating in the other spare room:lol:

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Wow now thats impressive buddie

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bet rach cant wait till you get it done to

Till you Get the car parts out the lounge, the bonet off the spare bed and bin all the mad scientists chemicals you ve got for plating in the other spare room:lol:
Haha ye the house is a bit of a uproar with car parts but she should be used to it by now :lol:

·
Durgo
939 Posts
Arrrrrrgh. Another restoration thread.

I hate these. Everytime I see one it reminds me I need to get on and do this with mine. The thought of it rotting away from underneath my feet is a constant worry reinforced when I read threads like this.

Seriously excellent work though and I shall watch with interest how it continues.:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 303 Posts