Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got one of these from Forge Msport ?
Seeing as people have had idle problems esp. with the HKS BOV I am looking to purchase this one as they specifically say that it has been designed to replace the standard one and money back garuantee etc..

Does is still make all the right noises....nice and amp; loud ??? - otherwise there aint mucvh point in gettin it :)

cheers

Rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
damm........ just seen Djacks post below. Sounds like the Forge VTA is gving him big problems. Why another part (spacer) if its supposde to be cool and work out of teh box ?

Djack..... any updates on your BOV story ?

regards

Rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yo, Soz was away this weekend.. Yer the BOV, looks nice great build etc.. Nice and big, But it seems to be giving me some idling problems, also my car has stalled twice now.. They sent me through some alloy spacers and a new coil spring, but its still the same.. Might just be my car or my luck, or the valve itself.. It does sound nice, its got a staggerd (chatter) sound to it, not just a long Pfffchhhhhhhht. Up to you what you get, but I am sending mine back as I dont think its workin proply..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the HKS one is dam expensive though... liek all HKS stuff it seems

What about the Bailey one that Dragon supply ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Original Post:
the HKS one is dam expensive though... liek all HKS stuff it seems
This is 1 case where u get wot u pay 4 , the HKS ssqv is a better design better made than virtually any other BOV available.
Forge and Bailey etc r ok 4 RS turbo's etc , yr Evo deserves better :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw a good article explaining where the flames that everyone loves come from - http://www.worldrallying.com/if_tek_antilag.php pretty interesting reading.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
couple more points....

firstly, most of the seraches I did on this board came up with problems that people had with the HKS BOV.. saying that no matter how much they adjusted teh screw, they stull got idle problems. And that they now had to buy the idle box for 100 quid according to HKS to resolve it. Apparently HKS advise to use this in conjunction with the BOV. So suddenely thats 330 quid !! All for a bit of pschhht

One question, does the HKS BOV make 2 noises like some of just a whistling. The fluttering noise is the best but perhaps this is just wastegate chatter made audible by the BOV and other mods.

Also, the Apexi has a setting to adjust the pitch of the noise...... now that sounds good. Apexi make good stuff it seems... their induction kit seems way better than HKS or Blitz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My Forge valve gives of a great noise, but I am worried that I will harm the turbo, if I have idling problem wich i do, is this causing damage???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm with the others on the HKS SSbov. No idle problems at all, but interestingly 2 noises - the usual one followed by a whistle. Seems to be doing the job though.

Darryl.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought a Forge recirc. bov (went to their workshop with my brother-in-law and couldn't resist spending some money, 'cos it was nice and shiny!). It sounds great (much louder than standard) inside the car and I don't get any idle/stalling problems with it.

Djack, perhaps it's worth trying this, I'm sure Forge will swap them over for you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's normal that you have idle and stalling problems with a vta blow off as the ecu thinks that the air released is going back in the air intake.
I don't know about the hks, maybe it's better than others and they found a way to
make it work, but it's better to go for a forge recirculating dump valve.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts