Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
It does, and if it comes out with that spec it will be a great car.

But.....

Did they not quote similar specs when the Focus RS was first mooted?

And people ended up with FWD and just enough power to make it torque steer all over the road.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Weebl said:
I really hope they do bring it out as stated mate, I was always a bit of a blue oval fan way back when all this were trees and I used to terrorise Basingstoke in my MK2 Harrier :D
I never new you were 50 :eek:

:D

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As you say Lee, it will be a great car if they actually bring it out to what they have originally stated and not some watered down version that we are normally used to seeing.

Hmm.. I honestly wouldnt mind one of those, Keep the EVO IX for a few years just in time for the release of the Focus in 2007. The gap between 'hot hatches' and Japanese super cars seems to be closing by the day.

Not sure if I would buy brand new again though, maybe wait a few months until depreciation kicks in but then again there may only be a limited run of them.

regards,

Mark

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Weebl said:
I really hope they do bring it out as stated mate, I was always a bit of a blue oval fan way back when all this were trees and I used to terrorise Basingstoke in my MK2 Harrier :D
White or Silver Weebl? :) I remember them well.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
350bhp from a 3.2 litre turbo? how sh*t is that?

What is it with ford gb and their low power larger displacement lumps?

·
Premium Member
Jesus built my car
38,798 Posts
chockymonster said:
What is it with ford gb and their low power larger displacement lumps?
Less strain on the engine parts so better reliability.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
wonder how they're going to get an 'in-line' six in there....is the engine bay long enough ?
do they mean a v6 in the article ...as fitted to the Noble ?

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
xlr8 said:
wonder how they're going to get an 'in-line' six in there....is the engine bay long enough ?
do they mean a v6 in the article ...as fitted to the Noble ?
Fits in a E30 M3 dont see why it wouldnt fit in a Focus new ones are pretty massive :)

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
errm....
cos the BMW has a huge bonnet line compared to the Focus which currently has a transverse set-up

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
have a look under the bonnet of the new ST 150 fiestas, they must of used a shoe horn to get the 2.0 lump in there

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Dmac1969 said:
White or Silver Weebl? :) I remember them well.
Silver, complete with the British Gas stripes :D

Matt, I am not that old, it was just a car i fancied in my youth (although not the cars)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I'd love it if Ford really were going to make it but there have been regular "Scoop - new Focus RS!!" articles splashed across Auto Express/Autocar for the last 4-5 years and the latest Autocar looks like a photshop effort combining the Focus ST and the Fiesta rally car :rolleyes: . I'll believe it when I hear something other than rumours...

As for 350bhp from a 3.2l turbo, think of the tuneability :cool:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
If this is the new Focus concept , that bright Orange one that's been in all the mags , then the engine is not a 6 cyl, it is a Volvo in line 5 cyl turbo!

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
I read that the the new 'C1 chassis' is a shared platform between Ford, Land Rover and Volvo
- the engine is supposed to be a 'derivative' of the Volvo T5
5-cylinder turbo engine....& not the actual t5 version
supposedly will also have: new 4-wheel drive system, 6-speed box, an 'AYC-type' set-up & launch control,

1 - 20 of 31 Posts