Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Re:LINK ECU

I HAVE BEEN USING LINK ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS FOR EVO 6 , IT IS A IMPLANT SYSTEMS FITTED TO THE STANDARD ECU CASING USING MAP SENSOR ( NO AIRFLOW METER REQUIRED ) . THIS IS A EASY SYSTEM TO USE , CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS . MY CAR IS EQUIPPED WITH TRUST TD06-L2 TURBO KIT , HKS HIPER EXHAUST SYSTEMS , HKS FILTER , RUNNING 1.3 BAR BOOST . I DEFINITELY RECOMMENDED IT .

SUDJONO

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
having steve simpson to fit the gems systems to the car very shortley any advice
what to have done etc
should i get rid of the airflow meter
als will it blow the turbo
95 ron or 97 optimax ??????
two map system
apexi boost controller ?????
the list is end less would like to hear from the gems / evo owners to see what they had done .. have you had any problems

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I have been looking at the Gems so here are a few comments that i hope help.

ALS - will it blow the turbo? Yes, if you run it all the time. Get it set up with an on/off switch and use it on special occassions or when some prat is up your a#### on the motorway. Scares the s### out of them :D

What petrol to get it mapped to. Difficult one as I try to only run Optimax, but about 1 in 10 tanks are SUL. Probably safest to go for 97 ron SUL but forget 95 ron.

I wasn't aware that a 2 mapo system was possible. Please can you confirm it is an option

Why would you want the Apexi boost controller? Thats part of what the gems does, or am I missing something?

I thiink the only other issue is how far you want to push the boost and that depends on the strength of your internals. I cannot remember if you are running the standard turbo. If yours is bigger this might not be such an issue as you probably won't go for high boost levels. When i get mine done, we are restricting max boost to 2 bar although some do push it to 2.2 bar. i have been advised that this is really to much but others obviously have different views. Oh, this assumes that you aren't running standard internals :)

I, for one, will follow what you do with interest.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Woops. Just read your post about turbos and the above doesn't seem so relevent!. Interesting that Clive seems to think 2 bar is where to go.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Hi - Apexi isn't required, GEMS has far superior control (RPM vs throttle position vs boost level).

Get rid of MAF, use a map sensor.

Steve normally maps rally cars, so maps for torque - doesn't spend much time mapping top end - you need to be clear on what u want to achieve...
don't go above 1.7 bar mid range if on standard internals. 2 bar with uprated internals.

Don't think the 2 map is an option without uploading from a laptop, but map for 97 - not 95. You will have more retard than anything with 95....
I would personally map for 98 and ensure I have millers cvl in the car in case i run into SUL.

best of luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Steve mapped our E7 rall car......he is as good as it gets with GEMS.

He can give you different maps for different set ups / fuel types etc..... but each time you want to change map you have to download it from lap top.

All we were interested in is torque

If you are going to do trackdays get Steve to give you a map for RG 102 fuel (he can supply the fuel and it aint cheap) which will give you siginificant increase in torque over super unleaded.

I cannot remember exact figures but using RG102 we get max torque of about 460NM............engine won't last very long though.

The E7 titianium turbos seem very strong ........ we run megga aggressive anti lag (no servo) and so far no problems at all

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys . lots of goood info
steve can confirm that gems are starting a two map ecu system that can be fitted on to most existing systems so 1 for economy and 1 for play time .
also will go the map sensor route in order to bin the air flow .
must admit love the idea of larger turbo , thing is i can make my own manifolds so i will go the garret t35 route , this will get a way from the external waste gate set up ,all very good if for full race but mine is for road and the odd sprint ,trackday . any way of on the hols to tunisia for two weeks then steve simpson will work his magic and bingo the car will final run right .

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Blade,

where can I purchase a map sensor? Is this a generic one or car/model specific? How much would it cost approx?

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
does gems have its own water injection system ?
is the boost mapping the same or better than apexi ?
how much is it ?
is switchable anti-lag an option ?

if you lot are getting such good results,imagine what MY engine would give !!!!

te he he

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
GEMS can control water injection. Boost is mapped by load site vs rpm, which is better than the APEX. It is £1500 fitted and mapped.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts