Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrong forum I know but need an answer asap :D....

I know this is a fairly relative thing, affected by how I drive and what roads I use but was curious if there a list of settings which are accepted to be "better" than standard?

Do you run OE settings?

If not what do you run and how has it affected the handling?

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
fast road setup is generally something like

1mm toe in all round

2 degrees ish negative front camber
1 degree ish negative rear camber

hasnt affected my tyres, transformed the cars handling, made it much more predictable and sharp on turn ins

·
Registered
634 Posts
Jason,
Could i ask who set your geometery up for you ,and did they have all the correct equipment?.I am from the same area as you and fancy having the geometry checked sometime.There isnt anything wrong with my car,but i would just like it checked and maybe set up for fast road like yourself.Regards, SIMON. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello :) Been a member for a couple of years only posted once or twice before....

I'm running as an everyday car.........

Struts at setting 16 on damping (Tein RA) with 14/10kg springs - not the 12/9kg that came with them.

just shy of 1 degree toe in front
0 degree toe in rear

2.75 degrees negative camber front
1.5 degrees negative camber rear

32psi front tyres
30psi rear tyres

My tyres aren't affected noticably by the negative camber either!

It's certainly more alive, much more tail happy - mental turn in - great fun :)

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
simakinen said:
Jason,
Could i ask who set your geometery up for you ,and did they have all the correct equipment?
I'm pretty sure Jason had his done at the same place as me, CPP Motor Developments and yes he has the correct equipment. :)

It totally transforms the way the car handles as has already been said with no adverse tyre wear.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Jason/Dom,
Thanks for the reply.I thought it would have been Gaz or Arnside who set the supension/geometery up,as i couldnt see fellas who are in the know taking the car to the local tyre depot.Regards, SIMON. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts