1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Front 1.64 negative
toe in 0.1 each side

rear 1.00 negative
toe in 1.9 each side

car feels good with those front camber settings. if i still have much understeer on the track i go on the back wheel to 0.5 degree camber

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Interesting, Andre. Many thanks for posting this. I might just give it a try.

Regards

Simon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Claud

If there is somebody on this forum who should know about how to set up a car, its Andre. Must therefore be worth a try.

BTW, I assume these settings are for a VII

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Simon

Usually a 4WD car needs not much toe-in. I just discussed that last week with a suspension engineer who doesn't do anything else the whole day than setting up dampers/springs and working out alignements mainly for racing/rally cars.
Additionally settings are a personal thing and depends on your driving style. I changed my settings already 4 times and will change it soon again.

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Original Post:
Claud

If there is somebody on this forum who should know about how to set up a car, its Andre. Must therefore be worth a try.

BTW, I assume these settings are for a VII
WHatever, Simon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jealous of what, bitch? Your ugly white Evo7 that's standard including orange blinkers, restrictive exhaust and ugly wheels? The fact that it needs to boost to 1.2 bars to get equivalent performance to that of 6? Or jealous of you dislexia?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha!

My geometry is front, 3.5 deg negative camber, no toe.
Rear is 2 deg negative camber, no toe.

I agree with claude on toe... toe in is for pussies :D

Andre - claude told me that he is going to kick your ass :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Original Post:
i need no group n suspension to kick youre ass fool
That's right, you just need another car! http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > (PROSPEED, JUN, hint, hint)

Oh, and you need to shut your huge dutch mouth, too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Original Post:
Haha!

My geometry is front, 3.5 deg negative camber, no toe.
Rear is 2 deg negative camber, no toe.

I agree with claude on toe... toe in is for pussies :D
Hehe, Tony, I see you got it! ;)

Original Post:
Andre - claude told me that he is going to kick your ass :D
Yeah, right! I never make that type of statement other than jokingly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am still fine tunning my suspension...

Latest set-up:

Front: -2.5 deg camber 1mm toe-in (Claudius, no flames please ;))
Rear: -1 deg camber, no toe

I have lowered the car 1cm compared to original TME factory settings.

Shocks are 3-way adjustable Proflex with 70 N/mm (front) and 60 N/mm (rear) Eibach racing springs.

Since fitting PZero assimmetrico I have increased tire pressure 0.1 bar to 2.4 and 2.1, given the softer sidewalls compared to Bridgestones.

It feels quite neutral, but I must say I have not had the chance to take it to the limit yet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My E5 is getting lowered on Eibachs and the geometry is getting reset. I would be greatfull if you guys could suggest a starting point for a setup that would give neutral handling. The car will have Eibach springs, new 18 wheels with PZero Assymetricos's |PLS| 3 point front strut brace.

Thanks,
...Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Original Post:
I am still fine tunning my suspension...

Latest set-up:

Front: -2.5 deg camber 1mm toe-in (Claudius, no flames please ;))

Original Post:
It feels quite neutral, but I must say I have not had the chance to take it to the limit yet.
like Simon et al! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i have just set my rear to toe in it s a test
i hope i get more stability at braking because i am still on standard shocks and my rear end is fishtailing a lot on highspeed braking if this is not helping i go back to zero toe at the rear and buy me a set of new shocks.

I wish i had a rich mum and dad so i could buy me set of group n ohlins

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
André

I keep you uptodate about my progress regarding suspension and setup.
Was a great discussion last night. Looking forward to meeting you soon.

Take care

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good point...I'm getting some fishtailing under hard braking too, but nothing alarming. Playing with it it helps to brake later and get the car easier into the corner.

Claudius, when mentioning I had not been able to take it to the limit is because I don't have the chance drive the car everyday now, not even every week :(, and at the photo for the magazine (see Lancer Chat section) we received orders to behave as some locals were starting to complain about the 4 noisy Evos disturbing their peace...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts